MX5 for android, language detection?

How does mx android determine the language in use?

My phone is set to en-AU, but MX is using en-US? I would have thought that the fallback would have been en-GB? Even changing the phone to en-GB, of which there is a language file on crowdin, it still uses the en-US version language file!?

Also some changes as noted in the sticky thread on the front page weren't updated in this release? Any reasons why?
I'll be updating with the missing/unchanged issues later.

10 hours ago, 7twenty said:

How does mx android determine the language in use?

follow your mobile system language, if there's no pair, the Maxthon choose default en-US

10 hours ago, 7twenty said:

en-GB, of which there is a language file on crowdin

This is still under translation, unfinished.

QQ图片20170616151848.png

Have updated all the strings except for a few that have comments.

I'm guessing the .3038 release was using somewhat older translations? There's some strings, like the rotation strings (landscape/portrait), that are still showing vertical/horizontal.

On 6/17/2017 at 10:10 AM, 7twenty said:

Have updated all the strings except for a few that have comments.

I'm guessing the .3038 release was using somewhat older translations? There's some strings, like the rotation strings (landscape/portrait), that are still showing vertical/horizontal.

Hi 7twenty, let me explain the "older translations" question. 

The rotation strings were added to the source file as new added strings on 5.22, but as you have seen some of these new added en-US source strings are not very native, just like"vertical/horizontal". You pointed them out and I have updated them on Crowdin. But these corrections have not been sent to the dev team because I'm not sure how many else similar mistakes to be corrected given that the en-UK file has not been finished.

Today I noticed that you had finished en-UK file and pointed out some more mistakes on Crowdin. I will deal with them and give a feedback ASAP.

Archived