Smart Address Bar

Hello guys

Since the old topic was closed and the issue is still present,I had to open a new topic.

Smart Address Bar wont recognize history items and so, it wont autocomplete it. To reproduce:

Click a link that was not visited before.Then try to open a new tab and start typing the address.Normally it should recognize and suggest and autocomplete the url, but it wont.

Smart Address Bar recognizes addresses that was typed before not visited.

Clicking addresses: No url in address bar, no autocompletion

Typing an address: Url in address bar, no autocompletion

The links from both ways are history items.

I can't confirm. I don't think I visited nfl.com recently until just now and you can see it shows as a history item in the drop down. I'm using M5.1.0.1400. I'm sure you have enabled "show history items" in advanced settings?????

Edit: Ah, but you are right that it is not auto-completing....

his.png

his2.png

2 hours ago, PHYR said:

I can't confirm. I don't think I visited nfl.com recently until just now and you can see it shows as a history item in the drop down. I'm using M5.1.0.1400. I'm sure you have enabled "show history items" in advanced settings?????

Edit: Ah, but you are right that it is not auto-completing....

his.png

his2.png

Have you typed the address?

I mean history items that are not being typed but visited by clicking a link.When you type an url,it will be shown in address bar but when you click a link it wont.

But in either case,it wont be auto completed.

28 minutes ago, MAXSHARK said:

Have you typed the address?

I mean history items that are not being typed but visited by clicking a link.When you type an url,it will be shown in address bar but when you click a link it wont.

But in either case,it wont be auto completed.

I visited by clicking a QA tile, not by typing.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anybody try and confirm these:

When you click on a link or go to a website by clicking the bookmark,those items wont show in the address bar.That's why they are not being auto completed.

Be careful,when you test it,those sites should not be visited before.

As far as I can see,address bar only shows typed urls not visited ones.

11 hours ago, MAXSHARK said:

When you click on a link or go to a website by clicking the bookmark,those items wont show in the address bar.That's why they are not being auto completed.

Correct.

11 hours ago, MAXSHARK said:

As far as I can see,address bar only shows typed urls not visited ones.

That's what I always figured, never had a reason to question it. Although the help notification for that setting in settings seems to indicate what you're expecting.

I tried the steps you described above, 

1, opened a site I never visited on Maxthon now

2, opened a new tab and typed in part of the address "edition"

3, the history suggestions shows in the 3rd row and I clicked it

4, it opened the link with full address been auto-filled

showed in the below GIF

smart_address_bar.gif

Isn't it supposed to work as this?

And in your side, the step 3-4 won't happen?

5 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

I tried the steps you described above, 

1, opened a site I never visited on Maxthon now

2, opened a new tab and typed in part of the address "edition"

3, the history suggestions shows in the 3rd row and I clicked it

4, it opened the link with full address been auto-filled

showed in the below GIF

smart_address_bar.gif

Isn't it supposed to work as this?

And in your side, the step 3-4 won't happen?

Thank you for trying this out.

Yes you are right,it does show when you start typing the url.Why doesn't it being auto-completed,like typed urls?and those addresses are not shown in drop down menu of the address bar too.

6 minutes ago, MAXSHARK said:

Why doesn't it being auto-completed,like typed urls?

I guess it's because if it always auto-complete, then that will cause trouble for those who want to search for something else rather than the visited sites. They have to delete the auto-completed parts to search. So the history sites show on the drop-down list for you to click if you want to visite them again.

On 27.06.2017 at 11:09 AM, BugSir006 said:

I guess it's because if it always auto-complete, then that will cause trouble for those who want to search for something else rather than the visited sites. They have to delete the auto-completed parts to search. So the history sites show on the drop-down list for you to click if you want to visite them again.

That makes sense.

But can it be updated to autocomplete for bookmarks at least?Because bookmars and typed urls are the ones that we especially would like to visit.It would be great to make bookmarks being auto-completed.

Archived