×

Give a tip

Yahoo Mail Issue


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, MAXSHARK said:

Hi guys,

Yahoo mail full version wont open with the Maxthon 5.1.0.1400 Beta version.Instead the classic version opens after asking to update browser warning.

Update your user agent or switch it to chrome or ff.

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

what's the full version?

I register a new yahoo mail account and send test emails, no issue here :Frowning_Face_with_Open_Mouth_Emoji_42x42:

 

The "New" Yahoo Mail looks like this. I also had the issue which fixes itself eventually, maybe because of User Agent.

new.png

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@PHYR

I already switched to chrome user agent but I dont know why maxthon user agent is not updated. 

 

@BugSir006

Dont you get a warning message when you first sign in to yahoo mail,using default maxthon user agent?

There is a full featured yahoo mail and a basic mail which is for old browsers.The new look is what @PHYR uploaded.

Why do we have to update user agent or switch to chrome,firefox etc.?why maxthon's user agent is not updated version?

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, MAXSHARK said:

@PHYR

I already switched to chrome user agent but I dont know why maxthon user agent is not updated. 

 

@BugSir006

Dont you get a warning message when you first sign in to yahoo mail,using default maxthon user agent?

There is a full featured yahoo mail and a basic mail which is for old browsers.The new look is what @PHYR uploaded.

Why do we have to update user agent or switch to chrome,firefox etc.?why maxthon's user agent is not updated version?

I had the issue yesterday. The only thing I did that might have helped is to use the Calender button to open calender. It uses the new style. After that(maybe a reboot of M5) the new mail appeared. I don't think I changed UA, but that used to fix the problem too.

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, PHYR said:

I had the issue yesterday. The only thing I did that might have helped is to use the Calender button to open calender. It uses the new style. After that(maybe a reboot of M5) the new mail appeared. I don't think I changed UA, but that used to fix the problem too.

In previous version,when I logged in and then typed mail.yahoo.com, it opened the full version.

for this version,I will try your suggestion.Very interesting though :)

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, MAXSHARK said:

In previous version,when I logged in and then typed mail.yahoo.com, it opened the full version.

for this version,I will try your suggestion.Very interesting though :)

Yes, I mostly get new version except if I clear cookies(or maybe a clean install, not sure), then the old version is used. Eventually new version begins to work.

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Yahoo mail issue still exists in the current beta version (v5.1.0.1700). I have to use the following useragent to make it work:

Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Windows NT 10.0; U; WOW64; IA64; en) AppleWebKit/599.0+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Maxthon/5.1.0.1400 Chrome/59.0.3071.104 Safari/537.36 OPR/45.0.2552.898

 

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, MAXSHARK said:

This issue still exists.And it cannot be fixed using an updated user agent either :(

Is it only me who cannot use new yahoo mail version?I always get a warning to update the browser.

It is working fine for me with version 5.1.0.2200.

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, MAXSHARK said:

This issue still exists.And it cannot be fixed using an updated user agent either :(

Is it only me who cannot use new yahoo mail version?I always get a warning to update the browser.

Try opening calendar and then switching back to mail, just worked for me after I did as clean install. 

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

After doing a clean install of Mx5, I am also having the issue. 

I created a Quick Access shortcut to YCalander and switch to YMail from there to show properly. Odd as the shortcut opens YMail in new format first before opening Ycalander. From YCalander I can open Ymail .

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey there I am having the same problem. And while this is happening on Maxthon Chrome is giving me the most gorgeous version on Yahoo I am yet to encounter. I am a hardcore Maxthon fan but when email is the most used app this is not a small inconvenience. 

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

14 hours ago, 17378695 said:

Hey there I am having the same problem. And while this is happening on Maxthon Chrome is giving me the most gorgeous version on Yahoo I am yet to encounter. I am a hardcore Maxthon fan but when email is the most used app this is not a small inconvenience. 

Yeah, don't know why but it is finally working fine for me now. This with no UA change or anything else that would/should make a difference. Just keep using it until it works, all I can say.

Edit: Oh, just noticed I switched to retro mode. Win10, b16257, standard rendering mode. But I do wish it worked in ultra mode for me.

YM.jpg

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.