Twitter Youtube videos not working

Hi all, I'm having a rather annoying problem with Maxthon 5.0.4.3000. On twitter any youtube video will turn up as a black screen with 'The media could not be played'. I have tried clearing all, uninstalled and reinstalled MX5, but the problem persists. 

Any help would be gratefully received. 

Twitter-Issue.JPG

1 hour ago, PHYR said:

No issues with vids on Twitter nor twitch that I can find with latest internal.

Hmmm!? I just checked again, and it's working. Either I didn't write what I meant to write, or weirdly it was an intermittent issue?

@7twenty,They were working one second and then the videos all turned black and haven't worked since. Youtube videos work find on youtube and sometimes when they are retweets/posted like this 

These%20work_zpsollsdjif.jpg~original

but not always as there is a video, a couple of places back, that will not work and is in the same format. So most of the time they are broken but a few work. 

Like I said I have uninstalled MX5, removing all personal data. Made a vanilla install but the problem persists. 

It's a maxthon problem that's cropped up before. Was fixed a while back and now has come back again. Could be that Twitter is checking the blink version, or for a feature only available in a later version. Because MX's core is a little older this could be happening. Or something broke in one of the latest MX releases that causes this, not sure.

As noted above, it's working in the latest internal release. Hopefully it's not too far off before release to the public, or this can be fixed in the current release soon.

As a temp fix, you can run in Retro mode. Just make sure standard rendering is enabled in settings > advanced.

Using 5.0.4.2000 here. Normal Youtube videos on Twitter do work. What does not work are Twitter included other videos.

Comparing that situation with Pale Moon (Firefox based) - which uses an older Gecko version underneath - it is able to playback these specific Twitter videos - and audio/video capability feature wise it has the same as for example Maxthon 5.0.4.2000 - so, it must be more or less a bug but is most likely not necessarily core related as both - Maxthon and Pale Moon have their own older core running for already quite some time, but while it works in Pale Moon, it does not in Maxthon.

On 6/10/2017 at 11:56 AM, 7twenty said:

Either I didn't write what I meant to write, or weirdly it was an intermittent issue?

I use several browsers, and sometimes the same issue on Chrome as well. Refresh sometimes solve the problem. Cannot really figure out.

On 10/06/2017 at 0:44 AM, 7twenty said:

It's a maxthon problem that's cropped up before. Was fixed a while back and now has come back again. Could be that Twitter is checking the blink version, or for a feature only available in a later version. Because MX's core is a little older this could be happening. Or something broke in one of the latest MX releases that causes this, not sure.

As noted above, it's working in the latest internal release. Hopefully it's not too far off before release to the public, or this can be fixed in the current release soon.

As a temp fix, you can run in Retro mode. Just make sure standard rendering is enabled in settings > advanced.

Tried the temp fix, did not work here I'm sorry to say. This really needs to be fixed asap, I'm not a social media addict but I know that it is a major part of some peoples live. Personally Opera has come to the rescue (funnily I moved over to Maxthon because Opera was having major issues, now the boot is on the other foot). It has been well over a week now, surely there must be a move to rectify this inconvenience in the very near future?

I might give the BETA a try and see if it is remedied via that path. Will report back if that is successful. 

6 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

and sometimes the same issue on Chrome as well.

But it happens all the time with Maxthon...

5 hours ago, ToothFaerie said:

Tried the temp fix, did not work here I'm sorry to say.

Odd that you and @Zootopia3000 can't get it to work in Retro with standard rendering enabled?! What version of windows and IE are you on?

Hi there, we tested on internal new core version, it works with no issue. So please stay tuned for our next release. It's expected to be released on these two days.

:beers:

On 6/11/2017 at 1:51 PM, fOrTune(r) said:

I have a lot of feedback from Russian users with same problems at last MX5 release and 4.9.5.1000.

Confirmed with version 4.9.5.1000, our testers are working on it now.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ToothFaerie said:

COUGH! How long do your two days last, is it a summertime in the Arctic 'Day', or one that is roughly 24 hours?

Mx5.1.0.1400 has been released and can be d/loaded from the banner at the top of the page.

2 hours ago, ToothFaerie said:

Already tried it over two weeks ago and the same problem still exists with YouTube videos on Twitter still have 'Media could not be played'. 

Works here.

https://twitter.com/Maxthon/status/871910574216622080

If you're still having issues you'll need to start looking at your install to see what the issue is. Start by logging out of your passport account and see if it still happens. Or test with a portable version.

Archived