Organizing favorites or bookmarks

I'm not sure I like this newest version or MX5. In the earlier versions I could easily organize move around delete and put all my favorites where they are of better use to my work and personal use. I've been using Maxthon since 2002 so I've basically been through all the versions but I find this one to be less usable. I was forced to start using this version when prior to this release I could stay with previous versions but the changes were never this drastic so I eventually switched over. Right now all I want to do is be able to go to a page with all my favorites folders and organize everything which I do about every six months or so. It's been over a year and I just can't waste my time on searching or going from folder to folder when the whole idea of favorites to save time, I am now wasting more time and I need to change browsers to make myself more productive.

I still have not figured out what the purpose of having points is or what I am able to do with them, I also appear to have lost most of them somehow anyway. I have no idea what the purpose of VIP is or what advantages there is to them or what it takes to join. After more than 15 years as a loyal Maxthon user and never using any other browser in all this time. (Maxthon is and has been my default from day one). I had many years where I was literally online more than 12-15 hours everyday. 

Magic Fill should be printable, It's annoying having to copy every line to Excel and then have to go through every site and click to get the passwords for each.

Those are my complaints about this version. A web browser that allowed users to use certain features whether they are from previous versions or new features it would be nice to be able to make decisions on what works best for my situation.

right now I just want to be able to open favorites or bookmarks, as they are now called, on one page and move things around as I was able to in previous versions

you can do a lot of things when it comes to favourites and bookmarks. Take a look at all the icons here and there and use right click.

I guess there is a tutorial somewhere but i don't remember

you say magic fill should be printable.

that also the hackers best wishes; they can stole more easily all your passwords.

magic fill could be a major security weakness; you will never know what's going on; but one day you'll find out and cry

Find a mooc on data and internet security and once finished the course you will be another person.

7 hours ago, josephmx2007@yahoo.com said:

In the earlier versions I could easily organize move around delete and put all my favorites where they are of better use to my work and personal use. I

While MX5 isn't quite as user friendly when it comes to management of favs as in the past, it's still more than usable.

All folders are able to be drag and dropped to any other folder. Moving favourites between folders can be done by using the context menu option: right click, choose move to option and select the required folder. Multiple selections can be made by holding CTRL while clicking, then right click.

Again, it's not hard by any stretch, and doesn't use any means that isn't a standard procedure for selecting files.

3 hours ago, 7twenty said:

While MX5 isn't quite as user friendly when it comes to management of favs as in the past, it's still more than usable.

All folders are able to be drag and dropped to any other folder. Moving favourites between folders can be done by using the context menu option: right click, choose move to option and select the required folder. Multiple selections can be made by holding CTRL while clicking, then right click.

Again, it's not hard by any stretch, and doesn't use any means that isn't a standard procedure for selecting files.

What are you talking about??? You can drag separate favs directly in the side bar or in upper tool bar.

drag.png

drag 2.png

3 hours ago, PHYR said:

What are you talking about???

I was using the main (original?) maxnote interface. But you are right, using the sidebar extension allows you to do that, as does the fav bar.

I guess there's nothing to discuss here then...

Archived