Why MX5 blocks taskbar most of the time?

Explained as title and please see the attached video. Is there any workaround?

Note: In the video, I can only bring up taskbar to front by using Windows key.
Note: I'm using Win7 64bit + MX 5.4.0.3000 portable.
Note: In my experience using MX3 and MX4, the chance is also high in MX4 but quite less in MX3. Maybe your developers can study codes of MX3.

MX5_blocks_taskbar.mp4

16 hours ago, scottchu.tw said:

Note: I'm using Win7 64bit + MX 5.4.0.3000 portable.

I'm using the exact same system and version like you, and I also set the taskbar auto-hide in left. While I still cannot reproduce the issue, Thanks that your video is very clear so I'll forward the info and the video to our tester to see if there's any solution or suggestions for you.

Edit:

I reproduce it sometimes with other apps as well like Chrome and Word, there seems a lag, and if you click the edge it will show, or you set the taskbar to bottom, it would be alright.

The only way I can reproduce this is if I set Maxthon to always on top using another program. Doing this the taskbar can't see the mouse when going near the edge (bottom/left/right doesn't matter) because MX has taken focus.

While MX staying on top has happened on occasion for some unknown reason, it's extremely rare. And the only reason I can think of is that the popup video option to set always on top some how gets mixed up and transfers to the main window.

Maybe play around with that and see if it makes any difference.

Otherwise it needs to be looked at why your system is forcing always on top for no reason so often.

On 6/8/2017 at 8:04 PM, scottchu.tw said:

NOTE: I use Maxthon since its MyIE2 era (note: I also kept almost all the verisons I've used). As a very beginning old user, I constantly have many bug reports. Hope this won't bother you guys.

Reports are quite welcome! Don't hesitate :wink:

Archived