MX5 PC block task bar and can't resize window

Find two bugs:

1. I'm using Maxthon 5.0.4.3000 on Win7 64. find when I maximize MX5, the task bar is blocked by MX5 sometimes due to don't know what reason.

2. Due to point 1, I restore MX5 and try to move and resize it so it won't overlap with taskbar but I find MX5 won't let me do it. MX5 seems to disable these actions on purpose. Why do this bizarre restriction?

First, answer your guys questions:My taskbar is at bottom. And I didn't enable auto-hide. Allow me to detail my concern: If you read my question, maximized mode will block taskbar some time, so I restore the Windows and try to shorten its height so it won't overlap with taskbar at bttom (also even I move top of MX5 to align with top screen, the status bar of MX5 is beyond the bottom of screen, meaning the height is too large). Due to the resize problem, I can't shorten the height.

Second, excuse me for my mistaken of version. It's 5.4.0.1000. I'll try to upgrade to .3000 to see if this problem gone.

EDIT: No chance in 5.4.0.3000. I attach a recorded video file of this problem. I have two accounts on this PC, each has its own MX5 portable (both are now 5.4.0.3000). The 2nd account doesn't have this problem. I also copy 2nd account's MX5 to overwrite 1st account's MX5. But the problem still exists in 1st account. Any idea why?

cant resize video.mp4

what happens with completely new fresh portable version? No userdata imported.

What's your screen resolution? 

Any chance of a video showing the Maxthon that does work properly?

9 hours ago, scottchu.tw said:

First, answer your guys questions:My taskbar is at bottom. And I didn't enable auto-hide.

yet the video shown has the windows taskbar to the left of screen, and auto-hide enabled?? While it may not be directly related to the issue, it does then cast doubt onto any answers given.

I got it wrong. The taskbar is auto-hide. I later move it to left side before I took the video capture. My original intention is trying to resize MX5 so if I move mouse cursor to left margin of screen to bring up taskbar, MX5 won't block this action. Anyway, the problem still exists but I decide to find an easy workaround by disabling auto-hide and maximize MX5. Thanks for your help and sorry this took you a lot of time.

Archived