Minimal Max5 Windows Size .

Hello ,

The minimal area for Maxthon 5 was previously on 5.0.3.2000 =  800 * 666 pixels .

With the last build 5.0.4.2000 it as increased to 1000 pixels * 666 .

is it a feature :Grinmacing_Face_Emoji_42x42: or a bug :Angry_Devil_Emoji_Icon_42x42: ?

Someone in french forum complains that he cannot reach less than 1280*820 ( so 2/3 wide of a 1920*1080 ) , this interract with the functionnality of windows that makes half screen wide windows .

Can you correct that , and what the reason of this change ?  

Good question.

While screens are getting bigger all the time, there are still many people with smaller resolution screens. And you may not want to always be running fullscreen. So being restricted to 1000px wide is a bit of an issue.

On occasion I use MX windowed to half my screen (approx 840px), now it takes up an extra ~200px!

8 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

I think it could be a new feature.

Ummm feature? I doubt it. Either a mistake, or a poorly determined outcome based on feedback/telemetry, or implementation of something in the UI.

Every other of the main browsers can go down to ~150px, with the exception of Opera which is around ~800px

18 hours ago, 7twenty said:

Good question.

While screens are getting bigger all the time, there are still many people with smaller resolution screens. And you may not want to always be running fullscreen. So being restricted to 1000px wide is a bit of an issue.

On occasion I use MX windowed to half my screen (approx 840px), now it takes up an extra ~200px!

I have a big screen 27" wide but the resolution is always 1920*1080, only the pitch change. 

4 hours ago, 7twenty said:

Ummm feature? I doubt it. Either a mistake, or a poorly determined outcome based on feedback/telemetry, or implementation of something in the UI.

Every other of the main browsers can go down to ~150px, with the exception of Opera which is around ~800px

Doesn't play well with windows snap

snap width.png

56 minutes ago, AndroidDeveloperLB said:

I try to put MX next to another window of another app, and resize it to be smaller.

Not only I can't resize it to be smaller than 1/2 of the screen, but it doesn't snap together with the window of the other app.

Please fix these issues

Tested on MX 5.0.4.2000 for PC. Windows 10.

Already been reported, but thanx for the new thread.

On 5/25/2017 at 3:10 PM, AndroidDeveloperLB said:

but it doesn't snap together with the window of the other app.

what does this mean?

Hi all, I've asked our tester and developer, they replied that the change of minimum window is to solve a bug related to UI display under split-screen mode.

So we still want to know if the change caused any usage trouble for you, if yes please feel free to let us know and we'll try to figure out a solution.

1 hour ago, BugSir006 said:

what does this mean?

Hi all, I've asked our tester and developer, they replied that the change of minimum window is to solve a bug related to UI display under split-screen mode.

So we still want to know if the change caused any usage trouble for you, if yes please feel free to let us know and we'll try to figure out a solution.

See my previous post to know what windows snap is.

Everyone in this thread has usage trouble with it.

3 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

what does this mean?

See attached video to show how window snapping works.

This doesn't work at all with MX, and I can't even make it small anymore.

ice_video_20170531-124604.webm

On 25/05/2017 at 8:10 AM, AndroidDeveloperLB said:

I try to put MX next to another window of another app, and resize it to be smaller.

Not only I can't resize it to be smaller than 1/2 of the screen, but it doesn't snap together with the window of the other app.

Please fix these issues

Tested on MX 5.0.4.2000 for PC. Windows 10.

Also have this problem, window snaps to desktop edge but can't resize it to HALF my screen, it just stays on top of the other window that is using the other half...

And video fullscreen is still not yet fixed, does not cover FULL HD completely nor stays on top of other crap i maybe have open (Ex: cFosSpeed window).

Tested on MX 5.0.4.3000 for PC. Windows 10 Pro.

Archived