NoAds as the only alternative to ABP

A.S.

Today I would like to talk about serious issue... 
So this post is addressed to the Maxthon Team and real true gangsta MLG add-on developers, who really understand how this magic work.

In the times of MX3 we had AdHunter. It was a simple, but effective advertising filter. It had two big problems only:

• it does not have regional lists
  • you could not block ads manually (untill latest versions)

So some user (I know nick only and nothing more) make NoAds. It was a port from popular add-on for old Opera. There was regional lists and manual blocking, but... Because of some bug in Chromium code it did not work if you tried to use full lists. So... There were times when NoAds worked not so well and could even "break" browser: if you tried to use full lists you see empty white pages only and only deleting of folder with extension data solved the probmel. MX users don't like to read and so many people asked about this, that developer removed NoAds from Extensions Center. After a few months or years someone upload NoAds in Extensions Center again. I'm not sure that it was real developer, but today NoAds is available again.

We saw that MX Team make some changes in MX5 to achieve better compatibility with some popular extensions. And I think that NoAds can really be usefull extension for many users, but I'm not sure that it works OK in MX5. I'm not sure that this is MX problem, maybe only Google can do something with this. But someone should look on this extension. Because there is manual blocking, but it's not exist in ABP.

Alternative is always good!

Edited by A.S.
  • Like 3