Synchronizing horrors

So I've installed Maxthon 5.0.3.4000 on my Windows 7 64-bit and Windows XP 32-bit PC today. Before overwriting Maxthon 4.9x, I exported the bookmarks, just in case.

Then when I installed MX5 over MX4.9 on both PCs (they had different bookmars on MX4.9), I logged into the same Maxthon Passport account on both PCs and everything started synchronizing. The problem is that it is taking 1 hour already and only 3 folders (out of 19) are synchronized (in Maxnote the Synchronizing circle is still turning on both PCs). I've been trying the whole day to sync the bookmarks and it's all clashing (creating the same folders, for example "Forums" and "Forums (1)" on both PCs) and it's taking very very long. Basically it's unusable.

Is this service even stable ?

Also, when I tried manually importing the bookmarks that I previously exported from MX4.9 into HTML file, I click Import and then I deselect "Create a new folder" so that the bookmarks would be imported directly into the favorites bar and not in a sub-folder, but this always causes a crash. Not deselecting the "Create a new folder" works, but then I have to move all the bookmarks out of the created sub-folder one-by-one.

So I don't know. I'm waiting for 1 hour to sync my bookmarks and nothing happens. I think this service is too unreliable. Maybe it works for the Chinese but the rest of the world has a very bad connection to China where I'm guessing the Maxnote cloud is located.

8 hours ago, Perplexer said:

but the rest of the world has a very bad connection to

I don't use passport, only for occasional testing, b

ut have never had issues like this.

Try extracting a portable version and test logging in to that version and see what happens.

8 hours ago, Perplexer said:

but then I have to move all the bookmarks out of the created sub-folder one-by-one.

Shift + click on the first and last > right click > Move to > select "all folders" > OK

Hi Perplexer, sorry to hear that you experienced this kind of issue.

On 5/2/2017 at 1:47 PM, Perplexer said:

it's all clashing (creating the same folders, for example "Forums" and "Forums (1)" on both PCs)

This could happen on a previous version under guest mode, and this issue has been fixed in latest version, While it seems that you had logged in? So it shouldn't happen. So did you try portable version suggested above by 7twenty?

I deselect "Create a new folder"

I could not find this option when I try to import bookmarks to MX5 at this page, so I cannot reproduce the crash. Could you tell me where this option appears to you?

QQ截图20170503142422.png

BTW, if it crashes regularly on the same operation, same steps, you could attach the dmp files to us, I'll forward the file to our developers to analyze.

Maybe it works for the Chinese but the rest of the world has a very bad connection to China where I'm guessing the Maxnote cloud is located.

About this point, you don't have to worry about it. Maxthon has servers in several locations around the globe including USA, Singapore, and HongKong.

Clik on "HTML file" under "Import from this computer" and when the file prompt appears, uncheck the option "Create a new folder". Then click "Open" and Maxthon will crash. I don't want to do it again because I may again have problems with synchronizing if I play with my favorites. I would attach the dmp file if it is still on my PC from the last crash but I don't know where it is. I am using MX5 5.0.3.4000.

Image1.png

7 hours ago, Perplexer said:

from the last crash but I don't know where it is

from the link provided above:

Two methods to get your crash data: 

1. You can press "Win + R" keyboard > run "%temp%" and press "Enter" > find the folder "MaxthonCrashData" > compress the folder and send it to us. 
  2. You can also find it directly from the following path: C:\Users\#Your User ID#\AppData\Local\Temp\MaxthonCrashData. The whole complete MaxthonCrashData folder will be highly appreciated instead of only certain .txt document in it. 

Did you try this?

On 2/5/2017 at 0:30 AM, 7twenty said:

Try extracting a portable version and test logging in to that version and see what happens.

10 hours ago, Perplexer said:

Clik on "HTML file" under "Import from this computer" and when the file prompt appears, uncheck the option "Create a new folder".

What is your operating system? I'm using win7 and only get this, no options for new folder:Frowning_Face_with_Open_Mouth_Emoji_42x42:

QQ截图20170504102416.png

BugSir006, sorry, that is on Windows XP 32-bit computer. I think I only imported Favorites on that PC so that's where I got the crash. On Windows 7 looks like there is no option to uncheck "Create new folder" so there is also no crash.

7twenty, I did not try the portable version. I eventually kept the "Create new folder" checked and manually dragged all the subfolders out into the main  "All folders" folder and left it at that.

I ZIPped the last 3 crashes I got and attached the file below.

MaxthonCrashData.zip

On 2. 5. 2017 at 4:30 PM, 7twenty said:

I don't use passport, only for occasional testing, b

ut have never had issues like this.

Shift + click on the first and last > right click > Move to > select "all folders" > OK

Ok I actually decided to test this today. If I understand correctly, I should be able to select multiple bookmarks/folders by using the Shift key ? I opened Maxnote, pressed the left Shift key and then clicked on the first folder in "All folders" and then on the last one, and nothing happened. The last one I clicked on turned bold and expanded, but that's all. There was no "multiple-selecting" going on. I tried the same on actual links within folders but that didn't work either. Am I doing something wrong ?

this is how it looks in action. Hold shift, press left click on the first item, while still holding shift, click the last item. rightclick > move to etc.

If you have the URL showing, make sure you don't click on that. Works the same on file/fav records and folders

move.mp4

Ok, I was trying to multiple-select the folders in the left column (the one that shows "My Favourites" and "All folders"). That didn't work there. The reason I was trying it in that column is because I had no second column to the right of it. And the reason for that is because I was entering Maxnote through the menu icon on the right (below the X) instead of through the avatar on the left. Go figure. The video cleared that right up. Thanks.

Archived