[MX5 PC] Floating window over a video player hides controls in fullscreen mode

The window offers good things, but appears in the wrong place. It should be somewhere in the middle of the left or right edge, not corners - they usually contain player controls. Additionally, when I got to any corner, the window appears at the bottom right one.

Снимок экрана20170501184132.png

Снимок экрана20170501184120.png

43 minutes ago, 7twenty said:

click the x

Not a good answer, it's a PITA to have to each time first close the popup to minimize the video . 

This is similar to a problem abc@home had when first allowing hover status bar content to be displayed in a popup with More Options addon, it took him a few days to fix it. But then again, it was abc@home.

4 hours ago, Kreator-2 said:

Of course I know how to close it :) 

Just checking :) 

I'd guess they just have to change the code that tells it where to popup. So make it ~20pixels higher. Shouldn't be too hard, but then again, there's lot's of thing that I don't think should be hard to do... and they still haven't been fixed/done.

Hi all, I've discussed this issue with our technicians, and this issue is also related to computer resolution. The pop-up window will show in a little bit different position in different resolutions, so we may decide to make it invisible when the video is in full-screen mode. Do you think it's acceptable?

1 hour ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi all, I've discussed this issue with our technicians, and this issue is also related to computer resolution. The pop-up window will show in a little bit different position in different resolutions, so we may decide to make it invisible when the video is in full-screen mode. Do you think it's acceptable?

Although a little more complicated float bars in past versions of Maxthon offered settings to auto hide, show above video, time limits, etc. Thus no compromises.

On 5/9/2017 at 6:52 PM, Kreator-2 said:

@BugSir006, why not in the middle of the left/right edge? I'm not sure that disabling this window for fullscreen mode is a right decision - it is still useful for downloading the video.

I think maybe product manager would say that you can't image how small some users' screen resolution can be. So they currently decide to cancel it for full-screen, and download is always available in other modes. Just press F11 or Esc, that won't add much trouble.

On 12/5/2017 at 0:17 PM, BugSir006 said:

I think maybe product manager would say that you can't image how small some users' screen resolution can be.

I don't think that matters at all. Unless someone is using a screen that is <100px there's always room to put a small popup. And it's trivial to determine how big the screen is in javascript.

height = screen.height;
width = screen.width;
position = height - 50px, width - 50px;

That way the position is always 50px away from the bottom right of the screen. And of course can be adjusted as is required to make it stay on the edge of the screen etc.

Archived