MX5 Guest and Login discrepancies

Hi, I recently took the plunge and officially switched to MX5. It's been great.

I've used MX as Guest almost exclusively since 2014 but I thought I'd try out using the account and I've got some questions that I havent' been able to find in the forum.

First, having to enter the password every time I open the browser is a hassle. Is there a way to bypass/autofill typing it each time? This alone could drive me to stay with Guest account.

I've also noticed differences in behavior between Guest and an account. With Guest, I see the side bar with Help Desk and Maxnote icons on it and I also see the status bar at the bottom. I don't see either of these when logged into my account. Is there a setting (can't find one) or something turned off?

With Passkeeper, the number of Autosaved Passwords items differs between Guest and my login account even though things were supposedly imported when I first logged into my account earlier today. Does this sync in any way?

Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, ankor said:

Hi, I recently took the plunge and officially switched to MX5. It's been great.

I've used MX as Guest almost exclusively since 2014 but I thought I'd try out using the account and I've got some questions that I havent' been able to find in the forum.

First, having to enter the password every time I open the browser is a hassle. Is there a way to bypass/autofill typing it each time? This alone could drive me to stay with Guest account.

I've also noticed differences in behavior between Guest and an account. With Guest, I see the side bar with Help Desk and Maxnote icons on it and I also see the status bar at the bottom. I don't see either of these when logged into my account. Is there a setting (can't find one) or something turned off?

With Passkeeper, the number of Autosaved Passwords items differs between Guest and my login account even though things were supposedly imported when I first logged into my account earlier today. Does this sync in any way?

Thanks in advance.

You can find status bar in view from hamburger icon.

Check your settings when logging in.

log.png

Thanks for the reply.  So many nooks-n-crannies.  My only complaint would be that it doesn't actually Auto-login.  The password is auto-filled but I still have to click the button or press Enter to perform the login.  If I check the box for Auto-login it seems it should actually Auto-login and not have to press anything else.  Thanks again.

13 hours ago, ankor said:

Thanks for the reply.  So many nooks-n-crannies.  My only complaint would be that it doesn't actually Auto-login.  The password is auto-filled but I still have to click the button or press Enter to perform the login.  If I check the box for Auto-login it seems it should actually Auto-login and not have to press anything else.  Thanks again.

That should not be the case, I click on task bar icon or desktop icon and M5 opens directly into my account as should be the case in your situation too. First try toggling the switch to fix it.  If that doesn't work, then try a clean reinstall to fix it.

My bad. When switching between accounts it doesn't login automatically.  You have to click the button but that is reasonable.  When opening the browser, it does open and automatically login.  Sorry for the confusion.  Thanks for the help.

Any ideas about getting side bar and status bar to display when logged in with the account?

1 hour ago, ankor said:

My bad. When switching between accounts it doesn't login automatically.  You have to click the button but that is reasonable.  When opening the browser, it does open and automatically login.  Sorry for the confusion.  Thanks for the help.

Any ideas about getting side bar and status bar to display when logged in with the account?

Archived