Bug: Switching tabs by clicking at the top

Hello guys!

I am used to click at the very top of the screen to switch my tabs because it is much more convenient for me as to click somewhere else on the tab. This works perfectly fine as long as I got MX5 maximised. If I snap MX5 to one side or one corner of the desktop this wont work anymore. If I then click at the top of the screen above the tab I cannot switch the tab. This is also very frustrating if I am double-clicking the tab to close it as this will minimise MX5 if it is not in fullscreen.

I am using MX5 5.0.3.4000 on Windows 10.

I hope this was understandable and will get fixed in an upcoming update. If it was not that clear an could try to visualize the problem, just ask me to do it.

Thanks in advance.

16 hours ago, MaxthonFan42 said:

Hello guys!

I am used to click at the very top of the screen to switch my tabs because it is much more convenient for me as to click somewhere else on the tab. This works perfectly fine as long as I got MX5 maximised. If I snap MX5 to one side or one corner of the desktop this wont work anymore. If I then click at the top of the screen above the tab I cannot switch the tab. This is also very frustrating if I am double-clicking the tab to close it as this will minimise MX5 if it is not in fullscreen.

I hope this was understandable and will get fixed in an upcoming update. If it was not that clear an could try to visualize the problem, just ask me to do it.

Thanks in advance.

I can confirm the issue when M5 is "Snapped", it is no longer possible to switch tab by moving the cursor to the very top of the monitor. Other browsers can't even do it when maximized. Actually, it looks like Edge is the only browsers that can do it as described by the OP.

16 hours ago, MaxthonFan42 said:

Hello guys!

Thanks in advance.

I confirm the problem also.

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

21 hours ago, MaxthonFan42 said:

click at the very top of the screen to switch my tabs

Sorry that I cannot reproduce and guess that I may not understand this sentence correctly. Is this just click the tab so to change the focus to another tab? I can do that on both maximized and snapped Maxthon.

2 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Sorry that I cannot reproduce and guess that I may not understand this sentence correctly. Is this just click the tab so to change the focus to another tab? I can do that on both maximized and snapped Maxthon.

Not from the very top of the tab you can't, move cursor as far up as you can.

6 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Make sure you're clicking right at the very top edge of the tab when snapped to the side. It won't work.

I think there's an extra 1px border when it's a window, and that isn't clickable so that's why it happens. Not sure if that can be fixed by changing the skin, as It think that might be a windows chrome (not the browser!) issue.

54 minutes ago, karajan said:

Think first it's a convenience of win 10 to place and rearrange open windows on the sides of the screen; so if you try forbidden moves blame microsoft not  MX

Not quite, some other browsers have no issue with it, so why should Maxthon not be able to????

4 hours ago, karajan said:

Think first it's a convenience of win 10 to place and rearrange open windows on the sides of the screen; so if you try forbidden moves blame microsoft not  MX

How windows' snap features works has nothing to do with the issue. You can manually place the window in exactly the same position (or even just along the top of the screen) and it will still not work.

As I said above, the problem seems to be related to the 1px border that's around the window which is what you end up clicking when the browser is in that position. 

11 hours ago, 7twenty said:

the problem seems to be related to the 1px border that's around the window which is what you end up clicking when the browser is in that position. 

The problem can be actually replicated even in windowed mode when you aim your mouse cursor precisely enough. To me this is yet another manifestation of the 1px MX5 window border issue reported earlier here.

Hi all, I've confirmed with our testers that Maxthon is designed like this that this function only available when Maxthon is full screen, doesn't support any other mode like half screen or windowed mode. 

We recommend you to raise a vote in the feature request section :Grinmacing_Face_Emoji_42x42:

Archived