Maxthon V5.0.5.3031

1. Hi! I am using Maxthon V5.0.5.3031 in my tablet Acer A20 android 4.1 but I discovered that the passport is not working properly. I mean when I logout from my account, next time I want to use it again the program is not asking the passport. It just connects. Means that guest account and private account is accessible without any problem. This is not good for the privacy.

2. It is impossible to import bookmarks. Many folders and sites are missing during the process. Maybe the sync process have some problem to retrieve bookmarks from the cloud?

3. I chose the landscape mode but when I start the program it starts always in portrait mode than landscape. There is a little instability.

Thank in advance for your help.

Jus 

On 4/14/2017 at 3:50 AM, Jus5631410 said:

1. Hi! I am using Maxthon V5.0.5.3031 in my tablet Acer A20 android 4.1 but I discovered that the passport is not working properly. I mean when I logout from my account, next time I want to use it again the program is not asking the passport. It just connects. Means that guest account and private account is accessible without any problem. This is not good for the privacy.

I see. Maxthon Android version should have an option like "remember password" or "auto sign in next time" like PC version, so your account won't auto login with one click on it. Do you refer to this issue?

It is impossible to import bookmarks.

Not happen here.

Many folders and sites are missing

Login uu.me and see the folders and sites you synced to the cloud. If there are more bookmarks on your PC, please try to sync on your PC again. Or try to delete, edit some of the non-synced ones.

3. I chose the landscape mode but when I start the program it starts always in portrait mode than landscape. There is a little instability.

Will forward this to our tester to have a check.

Thank you for quick answer. For the 1 question, your answer is really what I was thinking:  " Maxthon Android version should have an option like "remember password" or "auto sign in next time" like PC version, so your account won't auto login with one click on it. " Exactly

Thank very much for advice concerning the bookmarks. I think the problem is about having a lot of bookmarks. I will try to clean a bit.

Thank a lot.

Jus 

15 hours ago, Jus5631410 said:

For the 1 question, your answer is really what I was thinking:  " Maxthon Android version should have an option like "remember password" or "auto sign in next time" like PC version, so your account won't auto login with one click on it. " Exactly

Then I'll forward this suggestion from you to our PM, I agree with you that there should an option like this! 

15 hours ago, Jus5631410 said:

I think the problem is about having a lot of bookmarks.

How many do you have? We test with an account with 20-30 thousand entries, the sync truly has some problem when the number reach to this. 

On 4/18/2017 at 4:07 PM, BugSir006 said:

Will forward this to our tester to have a check.

Hey Jus,

I've confirmed this issue with our Android team, in this version 3031, Maxthon has not been designed to be adaptable for the tablet.

While for the versions in future, 3032 and above, there is no such issue. So if you are in our test group, then you may have the 3032 version now, if not, please stay tuned with our next Android launch. :)

2 minutes ago, Chantao said:

I have now reduced Bookmarks (Desktop)  from 4300 to 1000. It is now running 5 minutes but still not synchronized to Android Phone.

Hi Chantao, so how many bookmarks do you have on your phone?

Can you help check your bookmark on uu.me to see if all of them have been successfully uploaded to the cloud for sync?

I've considered it, the new MX5beta shared quite extraordinarily fast now, BugSir. Previously, this was only jerky. I have 3151 items on Google bookmarks. And on the desktop MX5 I have now only 3, those things that I want to think today. 3 out of 4000. What more need to have in the book than the ones you have to think about the day. There is also a memory (human head)   :Smiling_Face_Emoji_with_Blushed_Cheeks_42x42:. Google allows you to sort better with different labels and shortcuts. No, I just want to get away from the 1000-4000 upkeep in the browser.

On the phone I have only Google News 

Many things I have also on the QA and I have also created my own QA on my website http://home.wtnet.de/~bfauth/tabloyx/tabloyx.html . MX - that is: To think again.

Although, now synchronized mx5_5.0.5.3032 straight and you can see many, which I currently do not have at all. My cloud must be huge. I like to compare MX5 with the Opera before it became a Chrome (it is not synonymous lingering) sync synonymous synonymous for a long time, as long as the cloud was not synchronized, so when the sync arrives, delete individually until the Cloud finally shrank again Is.

22 hours ago, BugSir006 said:
On 4/18/2017 at 2:55 AM, Jus5631410 said:

For the 1 question, your answer is really what I was thinking:  " Maxthon Android version should have an option like "remember password" or "auto sign in next time" like PC version, so your account won't auto login with one click on it. " Exactly

Then I'll forward this suggestion from you to our PM, I agree with you that there should an option like this! 

PS, for this suggestion. Our PM gives out another reason that why Maxthon mobile version doesn't have this option. In consideration that mobile are private devices compared with PC, seldom will users lend their mobiles to others. And users can delete the account by swiping to the left in the account list. So Maxthon team didn't add this option in the first place.

While, we also want to know your behavior during using Maxthon mobile version. Could you tell us more about why you feel like having this option? Is it due to professional reasons, or individual habit so that you need to log out your account frequently? Your answer would help us determine the future development plan :)

It was just a question. I am the only person to use my tablet. So it is not a problem for me. I was just a little bit confused and thought that it was a bug but now I understood the raison why they did not implement it. So now I got an answer to my confusion.

Thank very much.

Jus

Hi! Chantao. 

Before I was so sceptic to use MX5. I was using both MX4 and MX5 in my tablet and slowly I move only to MX5. Note: For my PC I prefer the portable versions so I can keep a copy of my user data in safe place in case that there is some bugs. 

So I think you can get both versions on your tablet as I did and try to be familiar to MX5. I advice you this move because I am sure, even though I am not a developer, that the developers of Mx will continue updating more often MX5 than MX4. Which is already the case. And maybe in the future they will just stop some day to develop MX4. I think you will loose nothing to try this new version.

Phone: GT-I8190 Tablet: Cat Nova :Smiling_Face_Emoji_with_Blushed_Cheeks_42x42: I use the mobile phone continuously, the tablet with its gingerbread (2.3) crashes forever, but I rebuild the system as quickly as others write a letter. I already had a tablet where you could use the Chromebrowser, so the version, which also has the mobile phone, but that crashed and I could never start it again. The Gingerbread is such an old dog, but it runs (something like C64  :p), but it does not work with MX5. MX4 - 2837 is the version, which I can still use optimally, with all higher versions I do not go into the settings.

I just love oldtimers, and I still love MX4 desktop.

For me still the best browser. OK, I test MX5, but the new beta version on my hand often hangs up. Often I have to wait a long time for a link to open. With MX4 I can synchronize over all 3 devices. Immediately without waiting.

MX4 desktop, sort bookmarks: Open in Maxnote, it is very cumbersome. The function: MX4 delete old buttons before import New I find very nice. MX5 is fast and new, but I always come back to MX4, because it has everything I need.

catova.jpg

Archived