Happy Easter and Revive the Feature You Love!

BugSir006

so if we post 'wants' here the devs will surprise us - surprise us by not doing anything would be the norm - but in for a penny in for a pound

1 - new updated core

2 - full skin support not this excuse we have now for skins

3 - passkeeper being an extension that can be disabled

4 - or as an alternative to point 3 - exceptions added to passkeeper

5 - a better adbocker - we already did the 20 post thing on an earlier thread but that seems to have died a death

next

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

10 hours ago, Tony said:

so if we post 'wants' here the devs will surprise us - surprise us by not doing anything would be the norm - but in for a penny in for a pound

1 - new updated core

2 - full skin support not this excuse we have now for skins

3 - passkeeper being an extension that can be disabled

4 - or as an alternative to point 3 - exceptions added to passkeeper

5 - a better adbocker - we already did the 20 post thing on an earlier thread but that seems to have died a death

next

I vote for these with Tony:

1 - New core

2 - full skin support

5 - a better ad blocker e.g., uBlock Origin which we voted for before

And adding

6 - Update the skin SDK for MX5  -- this will help users and would-be skin makers learn how MX5 skins work..

7 - Put main.solid into operation - expand Skin Center by adding ack the buttons that switched between main and main.solid;  The primary difference was tabbar placement  above or under all toolbars.

That's what I have now.

<<SL>>

19 hours ago, Ldfa said:

For the fun !!!

1 - New updated core for example 59 release... :s:

2 - Compatibility of Chrome extensions.

3 - uBlock Origin replace Adblock Plus.

I agree with all the suggestions but have some concern about suggesting the Chrome 59 core.  

The current release is 57 and 58 is in beta pending release pretty soon (I think).  I just had a surprise when I happened to chect the default user agent string in Mx 6.0.3.3000 - it has Chrome 55, only 2 versions behind.  If that is the actual core version, Maxthon is saying much closer to current than ever before. :)

By the time of the next official release there should be a further core update to whatever is then current.

<<SL>>

7 hours ago, SnowLeopard said:

I agree with all the suggestions but have some concern about suggesting the Chrome 59 core.  

The current release is 57 and 58 is in beta pending release pretty soon (I think).  I just had a surprise when I happened to chect the default user agent string in Mx 6.0.3.3000 - it has Chrome 55, only 2 versions behind.  If that is the actual core version, Maxthon is saying much closer to current than ever before. :)

By the time of the next official release there should be a further core update to whatever is then current.

<<SL>>

If the default user string has 55 it is because you changed it. M5.3.3000 is using 47.x.x.x core.This is the default Maxthon UA string: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Maxthon/5.0 Chrome/47.0.2526.73 Safari/537.36

Hi all, thanks for joining the discussion, we've read all your voices, the new core is still under development. So there will be a new core, it's just a matter of time.

And please note that comments and shares on Facebook Fan Page are valid. 

Happy Easter!

2 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi all, thanks for joining the discussion, we've read all your voices, the new core is still under development. So there will be a new core, it's just a matter of time.

it's high time : this is what I get when I click on the banner : which means "update your browser or switch to a basic version of facebook"..... kind of ironic, regarding maxthon slogan just below...

maxfb.png

sigmax2.png

On 14/04/2017 at 6:05 AM, BugSir006 said:

1.png

we are past the 17th - so what is happening - or is this another imitative that will be quietly forgotten 

Dear maxers, it’s time to announce the result of our Easter Contest!

Congratulations @Ldfa on becoming the winner!

As our CEO Jeff Chen said in this video, we’ll put your idea of developing a newly updated core into our product development plan, and also give you this super cute Maxthon Plushie! We will contact you for your shipping information, and thx everyone for joining and helping make Maxthon better!

Don’t be discouraged if you didn’t win this time, we’ll have a lot more contests coming in the near future.

We really appreciate all maxers’ dedication! 

37 minutes ago, BugSir006 said:

we’ll put your idea of developing a newly updated core into our product development plan,

you are i hope joking - its been stating many times that the new core is being worked on and coming soon - you now say you will add it into the development plan 

Archived