[BUG] Reset of search engines

I guess there is a problem with synchronization in MX v5.0.3.2000.

The search engine list is resetting everytime I restart MX. Also there is problem with password sync. Every browser restart the list is not properly loaded and the "Sync" button needs to be pressed to load the list to work properly.

Reinstall doesn't help. Problem reproduced on two separate computers.

MX Version: v5.0.3.2000

Hi there, so you have two issues

2 hours ago, sajphon said:

The search engine list is resetting everytime I restart MX

What kind of status will they reset to? To your previous settings or to default?

You may set them to default > exit the browser > reopen it and set the search engines > exit and reopen again to check if it fixed.

2 hours ago, sajphon said:

Every browser restart the list is not properly loaded and the "Sync" button needs to be pressed to load the list to work properly.

That may be related to your local data, clean all the local user data then you uninstall Maxthon. 

On 4/12/2017 at 3:32 PM, sajphon said:

seems to work! :) thank you

So the method only worked for a while and then the problem's back?

Please tell me your Maxthon account (should be an email address or your phone number)?

BTW, have you updated Maxthon to the latest version 5.0.3.4000?

On 4/13/2017 at 4:53 PM, sajphon said:

General identities dissapeared

does this happen when you upgrade from MX4 to MX5? or from previous MX5 version to a new MX5 version? 

Please provide the specific version numbers to us, that will help us to identify the problem.

Well, it all started happening in 5.0.3.2000 version if im not mistaken. Then it persisted in 5.0.3.3000 and still happens now on 5.0.3.4000 unfortunately :/

My account is: sajphon@gmail.com

There was problem with my passwords few weeks ago (they all dissapeared when there wat the srever problem) and were later restored by MX admins. Maybe it is connected?
I was trying to figure out the pattern when the search engines reset and the general identities dissapear, but I couldn't :/ But I may do some resource monitoring to see actually when that happens if you need, i'll just need some hint where search engines are saved to monitor it :)

Every year again: All my hundreds of search engines were automatically set to default. I want to know how to protect myself. I had this already 5 times.

But "Maxthon Multisearch" everything is still preserved; I should just take that. :5884970a7da3a_1:

Archived