100% Disk Usuage

When I boot my notebook, MX5  has a process in task manager showing 100% disk usuage (over 650 MB/s just for MX5 while I didn't start it).    MX5 is not configured to start when booting up.     I clean installed a number of times, but still the same issue.    If I unstall MX5, I don't have the same high disk usuage issue, but I think we know that MX5 is just about the only browser we want in our PC, right?  

Startup Tab was one of the places I had checked.   It wasn't there.   This really baffled me, because MX5 in another PC of mine is just fine.    I thought I would do another clean install.    This time, I turned the notebook PC off instead of "Restart."    That did the trick!    The issue gone.    I thought that "Restart" is actually a cold boot in Windows.   

1 hour ago, Phil Marker said:

I thought that "Restart" is actually a cold boot in Windows.   

No, a "proper" cold boot in Win10 involves restarting/shutdown while holding Shift I think. Otherwise the kernel gets hibernated instead of reloaded at the next start to help speed up the system startup.

Not sure why it would affect or even have an MX process still there. I thought it was only system related stuff that was saved, unless you're also hibernating which would save the system status.

But glad to see you found the problem.

Archived