Maxthon 4 and 5

Hello! For many years I'm loyal Maxthon user. I use also Chrome as media center on external monitor, Opera as second browser and Firefox to open some pages who don't open on Maxthon because of invalid cerficates. 

Finally I decided to make Maxthon 5 my default browser (I didn't know I can keep Maxthon 4 on system parallely with MX5) but 3 things are annoying me. I wish to discuss with you if it's possible to make them like were in Maxthon 4. :\

First, start page, when I open new links in background if I close current tab I'm back to start page not to first opened link in background. This wasn't on Maxthon 4. Can you make like MX4? How is possible no one notices this? Or is it possible it's just me or it's just Windows XP issue? I don't think so but who knows...

Second, early I had topic but can't find it with search about Tahoma font. It's missing. Some version 5 buildings are showing Tahoma and some not. In latest version 5.0.3.2000 only Tahoma Bold is available. I don't understand how is missing Tahoma?! Tahoma is integral part of Windows (I'm using version 2003) so how is missing? I prefer to use Tahoma font for every page.

And third, when I start pop up video if I click inside of video I can't close window with middle button. I have programmed with Macro Express to close every window on system with middle click but it's not working on Maxthon 5 for video pop up. It worked on Maxthon 4 without problem. It works only if I make video pop up and I close it immediately. I close it only with X but I never use X to close windows or tabs. Why is this changed on new version? :( Video pop up is one of the best Maxthon features and no other browser has this feature.

Also, when I click Favorites icon I see "Page not found". Why?

Tahoma.png

Favorites.png

52 minutes ago, Xahi4475 said:

Also, when I click Favorites icon I see "Page not found". Why?

what's the theme are you using? 

As for the font issue, here's my screenshot, seems there are a lot differences. Did you try install the font on you computer to check?

54 minutes ago, BugSir006 said:

what's the theme are you using? 

As for the font issue, here's my screenshot, seems there are a lot differences. Did you try install the font on you computer to check?

I use original Maxthon theme. Only I changed skin (picture of background). To be sure 100% I cleared skin, I'm back to original light blue theme, restarted browser and still I get "Page not found". I guess it's cerificate issue. :\ 

As I said Tahoma is integral part of Windows. No ned to install it. :\ 

Tahoma.png

2 hours ago, Xahi4475 said:

when I open new links in background if I close current tab I'm back to start page not to first opened link in background. This wasn't on Maxthon 4.

Have you tried these settings in the attached screenshots? Menu>Settings>General>New tab position/Close tab

1.png

3 hours ago, Xahi4475 said:

When I click Favorites icon I see "Page not found". Why?

What extension do you use?
I think this is unofficial and author used just "type": "panel" for standart bookmarks page. Probably MX changed address of this page and the extension does not work. Write about this in Extensions Center and author will fix it.
P.S. Don't forget about IP on screenshots!

Well, I will try those settings about tabs and IP? Hahahaha, I totally forgot. I will change picture before hackers starts working. :D 

About tabs, I prefer switch to Most recent (last visited) tab and New tab to the right of all tabs. That was in MX4. But if I make changes then I don't see Start page but still won't be same because I had different routine on MX4 for long time. :\

Yeah it worked, I changed switch to Tab to the right and now is OK but it's not like I used to for many years on MX4. Now it's like Chrome and Opera. Always I prefered Last visited tab. Why you made this change? :( 

I use only Gmail and Navigational Sounds. Now that you mentionet it, maybe that Favorites button is extension. It makes sense. I thought it's part of Maxthon, not extension. I know, I tried it, I thought I removed it. :D Yeah, it's there. I deleted it. So, forget Favorites thing. Sorry for this.

I forgot to mention about Video Pop Up at version 4 we could close it with ESC but not in MX5. So it's about ESC. Thanks to ESC I made macro to close it with Middle Button. So if it is possible to make again ESC to close window even if you click inside video. emotion-5.gif

Archived