×

Give a tip

Bug: cannot work well on "gomovies.to" and "androidheadlines" websites


Recommended Posts

On this website, the giveaway doesn't work when I fill the information:
http://swee.ps/cUURsjCSy

And, on this website, changing the volume makes the volume-slider always stuck on movement state, not allowing to stay still when moving mouse. Also, pressing the space-bar key doesn't just pause/resume the video (which it should), but also scrolls down. And, pressing on the video itself doesn't play&pause the video:
https://gomovies.to/film/rick-and-morty-season-3-20109/watching.html?ep=609547

On Chrome, both those websites work well.

Tested on Maxthon PC :
Version: 5.0.3.2000
OS: 10.0.14393.

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On gomovies the volume works fine. So does stop video by clicking after  the popup to upload something has been opened in the background. Vivaldi handles it the same, including scroll with space bar.

As for the other site, I didn't try.

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, PHYR said:

On gomovies the volume works fine. So does stop video by clicking after  the popup to upload something has been opened in the background. Vivaldi handles it the same, including scroll with space bar.

This. Once the video has focus spacebar/mouse click works as expected. Same happens in Opera.

4 hours ago, AndroidDeveloperLB said:

On this website, the giveaway doesn't work when I fill the information:
http://swee.ps/cUURsjCSy

Seems to work in Retro, although there was no confirmation, so unsure if it did register? Ultra was an issue though.

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, 7twenty said:

This. Once the video has focus spacebar/mouse click works as expected. Same happens in Opera.

Seems to work in Retro, although there was no confirmation, so unsure if it did register? Ultra was an issue though.

The video with volume issue occurs on other random video websites too. Just don't remember where I saw it.
On the PC at the office I failed to reproduce the volume issue, but the spacebar issue was reproduced easily.

The registration is supposed to show you a new screen that replaces the form of fields you fill, where you can press on things that get you more points, for higher chance to win.

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, AndroidDeveloperLB said:

but the spacebar issue was reproduced easily.

This doesn't seem to be a Maxthon issue. It happens on Chrome and Opera. Not sure that will get fixed as it's all about what is in focus.

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, PHYR said:

On gomovies the volume works fine. So does stop video by clicking after  the popup to upload something has been opened in the background. Vivaldi handles it the same, including scroll with space bar.

As for the other site, I didn't try.

5 hours ago, 7twenty said:

This doesn't seem to be a Maxthon issue. It happens on Chrome and Opera. Not sure that will get fixed as it's all about what is in focus.

No, it doesn't occur on Chrome, at least not always as it does on MX. 

Attached video of how it works on MX and how it works on Chrome.

It also shows the volume issue.

chrome.webm

mx.webm

 

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, AndroidDeveloperLB said:

No, it doesn't occur on Chrome,

It does for me...and every single time. In all the testing i've done it has never not scrolled the page when pressing space after pressing the play button. It will only play/stop playback if the video itself is clicked.

The same also occurs on Firefox. And FF also scrolls the page after the video is clicked as well.

So it seems that each browser has it's own way of reacting to this scenario.

There is just as much chance that it's a bug with your version/install of Chrome rather than a bug with Maxthon, especially seeing as the same is duplicated on multiple browsers.

Tested with:
Maxthon 5.0.3.2000
Chrome 57.0.2987.133
Firefox 48.0.2 & 50.0.1
Opera 42.0.2393.137 

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, 7twenty said:

It does for me...and every single time. In all the testing i've done it has never not scrolled the page when pressing space after pressing the play button. It will only play/stop playback if the video itself is clicked.

The same also occurs on Firefox. And FF also scrolls the page after the video is clicked as well.

So it seems that each browser has it's own way of reacting to this scenario.

There is just as much chance that it's a bug with your version/install of Chrome rather than a bug with Maxthon, especially seeing as the same is duplicated on multiple browsers.

Tested with:
Maxthon 5.0.3.2000
Chrome 57.0.2987.133
Firefox 48.0.2 & 50.0.1
Opera 42.0.2393.137 

I tested on Chrome 59.0.3054.0.

But, I wrote that it usually doesn't occur. I think that after first mouse click on the video, the space bar key works fine.
Yet on MX it never works well with the space bar.

I also tried FF 50.0.2. It has the same issue of space bar key as MX (even worse: it just scrolls while pressing it), but not the volume issue.

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.