Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MAXSHARK

Auto import issue

Recommended Posts

Hello,everytime when I open Maxthon it automatically imports bookmarks and other seetings from IE.It adds bookmarks with a number eachtime you open maxthon.To see,just click on start icon (bookmark icon),you will see files imported from IE.And also it adds homepage from IE too.

Example:

maxthonbug.jpg

 

With clean install (guest login)

max-bug2.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What happens if you don't change Maxthon.dll hex file?

 

Otherwise, try a clean install.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, PHYR said:

What happens if you don't change Maxthon.dll hex file?

 

Otherwise, try a clean install.

 

Tried everthing. (note that I use a guest account when open Maxthon)

Here is the result with a clean install:

max-bug2.jpg

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MAXSHARK said:

 

Tried everthing. (note that I use a guest account when open Maxthon)

Here is the result with a clean install:

Even with a guest account, IE favorites were only imported once when I used the import tool. Multiple reboots did not re-import IE favs. No idea other then trying a clean install(Did you delete all info when asked?). You might check that there is no Maxthon folder in your appdata folder after uninstalling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The file that tells it that an import has been done isn't being saved properly, or being reset for some reason.

Go to \UserData\Temp\DataImporter and open the config.ini file. Post the contents here.

Also check that the file isn't read-only for some strange reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, PHYR said:

Even with a guest account, IE favorites were only imported once when I used the import tool. Multiple reboots did not re-import IE favs. No idea other then trying a clean install(Did you delete all info when asked?). You might check that there is no Maxthon folder in your appdata folder after uninstalling.

Yes, appdata folder were also deleted after a clean install.

18 hours ago, 7twenty said:

The file that tells it that an import has been done isn't being saved properly, or being reset for some reason.

Go to \UserData\Temp\DataImporter and open the config.ini file. Post the contents here.

Also check that the file isn't read-only for some strange reason.

Thank you. I've checked and there was missing lines in config file.After adding the following lines, the problem solved:

ImportStateForFavorites=1

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/2/2017 at 10:23 PM, MAXSHARK said:

With clean install (guest login)

it's a bug we've confirmed with the guest mode. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites