Right click menu fonts are too small

Can't agree with the above. On my system MX5's context menu is actually the largest of the 3.

So it seems that it's probably some UI scaling setting that Maxthon doesn't use which is why the size isn't the same as the others.

I'm on a 1680x1050 resolution screen with scaling set to 100%

Try adjusting yours and see if it does anything.

ctxt.png

2 hours ago, badnick said:

Maybe the pictures are not relevant:

No they are. You didn't show anything more in the video.

On 1/4/2017 at 7:41 PM, badnick said:

the display zoom is setted to 125%.

Did you try 100% and see if it changed?

6 hours ago, 7twenty said:

No they are. You didn't show anything more in the video.

Did you try 100% and see if it changed?

Of course, at 100 % zoom the fonts and everything are even smaller. Anyway, I can't run at 100 % zoom .some things become unreadable on a 1920x1200 monitor. You should notice that beside this,  the zoom pages for Maxthon is setted at 150 %

7 hours ago, badnick said:

Anyway, I can't run at 100 % zoom .

Only for testing. Never said to run it at that full time. But in your testing, did they show the same as it was at 125% or like mine and actually bigger in MX?

7 hours ago, badnick said:

the zoom pages for Maxthon is setted at 150 %

Shouldn't make a difference to the context menus. It's only for the browser page.

5 hours ago, 7twenty said:

Only for testing. Never said to run it at that full time. But in your testing, did they show the same as it was at 125% or like mine and actually bigger in MX?

Shouldn't make a difference to the context menus. It's only for the browser page.

I tested at 100 %, is the same result.

Yes indeed 150 % is for page zooming not for UI ..but I wanted to say  that I need for an extra zoom from the browser besides windows zoom , for making things well readable.

6 hours ago, Kilmatar said:

I use 100% at work and 125% at home. At work Maxthon's context menu looks good. And at home context's menu font looks too small.

That's what I thought was happening. Thanks for the confirmation.

Now it's up to the devs to fix.

5 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Size of words in settings (pic1) will change when the ratio is changed,

while the words appear by right click (pic2) will always be the same I think.

Just to be clear, he's not talking about the Zoom setting in Maxthon. It's the Windows system setting to set the scaling for the display. Commonly used to adjust text/UI elements to a larger size when using very high resolution displays.

From Windows 10 settings > System > Display:

MaxthonSnap20170406231654.png

Hi all, I've confirmed with our technicians that it's not a bug, it's just designed as it is now, the same with chrome. When you change the ratio to >=150, you will find the font becomes bigger. While if the ratio is <150%, then there will be no change.

Archived