AutoComplete not working in 5.0.3.900

6 hours ago, QIK5L said:

:(I cannot open this probably due to the Great firewall. 

So really thanks 7twenty can help follow up this issue. 

1 hour ago, 7twenty said:

Have you tried to see if the same happens on a portable version?

On 16/3/2017 at 8:08 AM, QIK5L said:

Or try a website with a search box.

Works fine in 5.0.2.2000

Did you try portable?

17 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

I really wonder where do these info stored?

In Maxthon (passkeeper entries etc)! The browser just passes on the info that is requested by the webpage. If the page is coded as above then it can gather more data than what you think it is.

I don't think there is any way around it - you just have to hope that page designers aren't going to be that nefarious to harvest information from uses like that.

Maybe if the browser does a check for fields that aren't displayed and then alerts the user of this. Not sure how that would be coded though.

3 hours ago, QIK5L said:

Yes and still does not work.

Well it's not a maxthon issue as no one else is having issues. But if it's doing the same on portable that does throw a few more questions out there.

Was that portable using a Passport or guest?

Try entering a search request on piratebay.org, the delete search, then type same search again and auto complete does not work with last 2 betas but works fine with 5.0.2.2000.

Have tried as guest and logged in with 5.0.3.900 and still not work.

7 hours ago, QIK5L said:

auto complete does not work

Just read this again, and i'm thinking are we talking about the same thing?

Passkeeper/Magic Fill entries are saved and filled as they should be. But reading the quote i'm thinking you're talking about saved entries that save on a per field basis. And I don't recall seeing that available in the past few releases.

EDIT: split this from the announcement thread.

1 hour ago, 7twenty said:

Passkeeper/Magic Fill entries are saved and filled as they should be. But reading the quote i'm thinking you're talking about saved entries that save on a per field basis. And I don't recall seeing that available in the past few releases.

Correct. Not talking about Passkeeper.

Archived