"winpc issue" maxthon 5 extremely high cpu usage

when using maxthon i experience a high CPU usage (about 50% peak usage)

this mostly happens when i have some pages open wich run a video on 720P, or scrolling trough a lot of page length, on longer site pages.
this issue can be generated by going to "facebook" and quickly scrolling really fast up and down, the CPU usage wil rise fast to 50-60% and starts to cap at 50%
the problem is not so severe but it does generate a lot of cpu usage resulting in hotter CPU
-------------
the cpu usage when having 40 tabs open is about 40%, 

on maxthon 3 this was much and much lower.
got about 50% cpu usage when having over 350 tabs open, on maxthon 3.
(you need to calculate in about 10% for the system/other apps)
------------
device specifications: (device is upgraded)
asus n76vz
intel 3630QM
16GB ddr3l 1600mhz ram
gt650m 2gb
main system runs on a SSD (kinston hyperX)

maxthon version: 5.0.2.1000
-----------

When quickly scrolling facebook I can momentarily get the cpu to %40 usage but then returns to about %5 usage(total Maxthon % usage is at less than 1). It probably depends on what sites you have loaded. With 5 youtube videos loaded it jumps to maybe %10 but then returns to maybe %2, Maxthon itself isn't hard on your cpu when idling.

13 hours ago, darknessblade said:

another site that causes extremely high cpu usage is

----

this is a site for the show rick and morty

https://earth.galacticfederation.com/

https://prison.galacticfederation.com/prisoners/

---

For the first link to me CPU is about 10 %, wich I think is normal due to animation. For the second link indeed, CPU is about 4 times higher like in Firefox for example

On 3/11/2017 at 11:36 AM, badnick said:

For the first link to me CPU is about 10 %, wich I think is normal due to animation. For the second link indeed, CPU is about 4 times higher like in Firefox for example

what kind of hardware do you have?
this can also be the case? if you have newer hardware with a higher passmark score it is always faster

On 3/10/2017 at 10:26 PM, darknessblade said:

i am currently at 65-70% cpu usage when the page is open.
seems like others have the same high cpu usage issue.

-----

this is 1 of the very few sites that generate lots of CPU usage, (al CPU cores/threads, are at 65-70%)

yet the ram usage is very very low (under 600mb ram is for maxthon used when the site is open (about 450mb when using it normally ))

Archived