How to put URL shortcut on desktop?

Drag and drop the address in the address bar to the desktop. If Maxthon is set to the default browser it will automatically open.

Or you can use rightclick on the tab > Send to... > Desktop Shortcut. This will open up MX5 in a Quickapp window with no MX5 UI.

This is the same as the Quick App option in the same menu. So that might be something that needs to be fixed so that the desktop option is actually a proper short cut.

Thanks for your very quick reply with a solution that works.  I should have posted my question long ago.  Then I wouldn't have spent the hours trying to figure out how to do it.  

And the think that the answer came from the other side of the world!  

THANKS A BUNCH!  :Smiling_Face_Emoji_with_Blushed_Cheeks_42x42:  :5884970a7da3a_1:

I too used the quick app in mx4 a lot.  Then I found I could not find it in mx5.  This is Saturday March 11, 2017 and I went back to mx 4 to use the quick app and it was gone.  Where did it go?  When I right click on the tab, it closes and goes away.  Now back in mx5 I saw where it is says right click on the tab.  I do that and the tab closes and goes away, where does it go?  How can I send anything to the desktop when the tab closes on me.  So now, the tab will close using a right click on both mx4 and mx5.  What did I wrong now?

1 hour ago, nevergetany said:

I too used the quick app in mx4 a lot.  Then I found I could not find it in mx5.  This is Saturday March 11, 2017 and I went back to mx 4 to use the quick app and it was gone.  Where did it go?  When I right click on the tab, it closes and goes away.  Now back in mx5 I saw where it is says right click on the tab.  I do that and the tab closes and goes away, where does it go?  How can I send anything to the desktop when the tab closes on me.  So now, the tab will close using a right click on both mx4 and mx5.  What did I wrong now?

Check that you don't have Mx  tab to close with right click in settings > general > close tab. (In M4 it is probably listed under tab or advanced settings)

Both send to desktop and Quick app are in the right click tab menu

right.png

Thank you.  Now I understand what I did wrong.  I misunderstood the settings wording.  On the "close tab" settings it gave 2 options (1) Double Click on the tab or (2) Right click.  I thought I had to make a selection. WRONG, if you don't check either box, then you can press on the little "x" in the corner.  Now that I left it "unchecked" everything works correctly again.  Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Oh, dear, now I found another problem.  When I left click on the tab the quick app menu comes up, and when I click on how to send it (quick app, or one of the others), I left click on it and nothing happens, it goes nowhere and it should of went to the desktop.  So now what am I doing wrong?

15 minutes ago, nevergetany said:

Oh, dear, now I found another problem.  When I left click on the tab the quick app menu comes up, and when I click on how to send it (quick app, or one of the others), I left click on it and nothing happens, it goes nowhere and it should of went to the desktop.  So now what am I doing wrong?

Don't know, works fine in my version. But I'm using an internal version.

6 hours ago, No.1MaxthonFan said:

Works fine on my version also.  And I'm sure you meant "Right Click on the Tab" to get the menu, not Left Click on the Tab.

I Right click on the tab; then go to send; and then on quick app left click, and it does not show up on the desktop, so I don't know where it goes.  If I click on quick access it does not go to desktop, so I don't know where that one goes either.  If I click on Desktop Shortcut, it does not go to the desktop, so I don't know where it is going.  The only one I have not clicked on is Maxnote, because I see no reason putting it there.  I am using version 5.0.2.1000; and it says I am up to date (but it did that when I was using version 4.8+).  So maybe I need to upgrade my version number to the most recent "stable version" (non Beta); but I don't know what version that is either.

Send to QA means just that, check the bottom of your QA. See image when I add this page...

You may first want to update to M5.0.2.2000, the latest available for forum users. Update doesn't recognize it as it hasn't been officially released.

Give it a try : 

sendtoqa.png

Archived