MX 5.0.2.2000 fullscreen problem

Issue description:
A white 1px wide border/frame is displayed around the MX5 browser content when F11 full-screen is activated from smaller than fully maximised MX window.

How to duplicate:
Run the MX5 browser in a windowed mode (window size must be smaller than maximised), open any web content with dark background and press F11. The issue is very apparent and annoying while watching fullscreen youtube videos -> play any youtube video in a windowed MX5 and activate the fullscreen within the YT player.

Test scenario:
The issue seems to be independent of any particular OS/HW configuration. I have duplicated it on Windows 10 Home 64-bit multi-monitor setup with discrete nVidia video card with the latest drivers at 2560x1440, 1920x1080 and 1600x1200 resolutions as well as on Windows 7 Pro 32-bit laptop with embedded Intel graphic at 1920x1080 resolution.

Please respond.

11 minutes ago, BugSir006 said:

Here's a short video I made w/t 5.0.2.2000 on win7

Thanks, BugSir006. PHYR and I are apparently getting different results than you do. Attached is a picture of the screen I'm getting following the exact steps you took in your video. As said before - very apparent and VERY annonying.

IMG_20170224_110146.jpg

I've just run another test which may indicate there's something wrong with MX5 screen size detection.

1. Start MX5 in a windowed mode.
2. Press F11 to invoke full-screen mode.
3. Press Alt+F4 to close the MX5 app.
4. Check content of c:\Users\_user_name_\AppData\Roaming\Maxthon5\Public\LastData\lastdata.ini
5. Compare the window_pos parameters with your physical screen resolution.

I ran the test on a regular full HD 1920x1080 screen, despite that the lastdata.ini file content looks like this:

[window_pos]
   left=0
   top=0
   right=1916 ... should be 1920
   bottom=1076 ... should be 1080
   max=false
   [last_skin]
   is_def=1

Can somebody else please try to duplicate and confirm this issue to have it officially acknowledged as a bug and to prevent this thread from fading away?

I managed to consistently duplicate the problem with white border surrounding fullscreen videos on three machines already, one of which was a completely fresh install. The resolutions tested so far were 2560x1440, 1920x1080, 1200x1600 (portrait mode).

I also noticed that the test run by BugSir006 was probably performed in some lower screen resolution, so it might be advisable to preferably verify the problem on full HD and higher resolutions.

On 3/1/2017 at 4:31 PM, phoenix-76 said:

Can somebody else please try to duplicate and confirm this issue to have it officially acknowledged as a bug and to prevent this thread from fading away?

I managed to consistently duplicate the problem with white border surrounding fullscreen videos on three machines already, one of which was a completely fresh install. The resolutions tested so far were 2560x1440, 1920x1080, 1200x1600 (portrait mode).

I also noticed that the test run by BugSir006 was probably performed in some lower screen resolution, so it might be advisable to preferably verify the problem on full HD and higher resolutions.

Hi there, thx for the follow-up. Although I cannot reproduce it on my device, I'll forward the detailed info you provided above to our professional testers. Hope they can reproduce it after testing on various devices. 

ah! I reproduced it!

and I found that the point is "windowed mode"!

Edit: 2017-03-08

this issue has been confirmed as a bug, and our programmer are working on it.

On 01/03/2017 at 9:43 AM, BugSir006 said:

Hi there, thx for the follow-up. Although I cannot reproduce it on my device, I'll forward the detailed info you provided above to our professional testers. Hope they can reproduce it after testing on various devices. 

ah! I reproduced it!

and I found that the point is "windowed mode"!

Hi guys...

Bug, i already reported this kind of problem a few versions back, when we were still on version 4... Never was it fixed...

If maxthon is opened in window mode it will not maximize video correctly most of the times letting the taskbar on top of the video and not overlapping everything. If maxthon is already maximized it will go fullscreen correctly.

Made a quick video showing the problem.

Oh, btw, is there a way to change the floating video bar position on the fullscreen videos to somewhere diferent than the lower right corner? Most of the times it blocks the fullscreen/mute buttons.

Fullscreen_video.webm

On 3/3/2017 at 7:01 PM, silent_killer said:

Video won't go into fullscreen mode

could you provide a specific video link? or it happens on all videos on all site? Are you using the latest version 5.0.2.2000? It happens when you click the "fullscreen" button on the video or when you click the full screen mode on browser?

18 hours ago, 22518361 said:

new TABs opening issue to the right when we want multiple screens opened it is not working

Do you mean that you want each tab open in a new window like IE?

18 hours ago, DannyD said:

Installed a few mins ago latest version 5.0.3.900 and fullscreen problem is still not fixed...

Hey Danny, we've confirmed this bug and it's in the queeu now.

It ranks as 4 in our bug priority system. 1st rank it the top priority. 

Since this bug will not affect the main user experience and you can have it right when get it full windowed first, so we gave it a 4.

But this doesn't mean that we'll not fix it, we will do it later and deal with the serious ones first. 

Thanks for your follow up and hope you can understand. :Smiling_Face_Emoji_with_Blushed_Cheeks_42x42:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 14. 3. 2017 at 7:25 AM, BugSir006 said:

we've confirmed this bug and it's in the queeu now.

It ranks as 4 in our bug priority system.

Hello BugSir006, five MX5 releases later the fullscreen issue still persists with 5.0.3.3000.

Could you please update us on the progress and fix ETA? My initial understanding was that priority 4 meant the issue would be looked at right after three more urgent problems. I however see that almost 40 different bugs were fixed according to the official change logs since the fullscreen problem was reported. I'm therefore inclined to believe you meant you had assigned the problem with level 4 priority (e.g., 1=Critical, 2=High, 3=Medium, 4=Low) because several people on this forum know how to work around this annoyance. Any chance the priority could be elevated and the bug fixed in some of the upcoming releases?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived