MX5 PC release 5.0.2.2000 - Please add Ukrainian language

klu

5 hours ago, klu said:

Please add Ukrainian language! Add Ukrainian language, please!

Here are only two Ukranian translators today as I know. And as I know uk-ua localization is already done. But they need 3 persons (or more) for translation: one who translates and two who approve his translation.

По-моему, так будет проще...
Чтобы перевод приняли, нужно минимум три человека: кто-то переводит, кто-то подтверждает, что перевод верный. Причем нужно 2 голоса "за". А переводчиков не так много. Я вот думал, что он вообще один, оказалось, двое. Перевод вроде как готов, а вот с подтверждением беда. Тупо нет людей, готовых тратить на это свое время. Муторно это слишком. Ссылки на проекты переводов выше. 

1 hour ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi badnick, I've tried with i.maxthon.com, the function works well in win10. Which site have you tried? Some site will determine their link to redirect directly on the same page. 

Hi there, thanks for the quick feedback and the encouragement!

The issue you mentioned here on split mode, I think it was designed as it is now. Since to move cursor is easier than to clicking your mouse. Imagine when one is typing on side 1, and accidently touch and move the mouse away so the cursor focusing on side two. But he didn't notice that and continues to type, and found that when words display in side 2. Then he has to move the mouse back and keep the mouse still and not move anymore to finish the article he types in side 1. 

But your request is interesting and give us the insight that this function can be further polished. Maybe release an option for people to choose whether change the focus or not. You can also raise a vote here to let us see how many people think alike.  http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/forum/110-mx5/

I tried this site on my win7 system, also has display issue under retro mode. So I've forward this to our testers to identify the problem. They will give me a feedback before next Wednesday, since now in Beijing is Friday afternoon. Happy weekend!

As I understand it should work this option: - right click on any link -> "open link in new tab" -> the link is open in a new tab in foreground...So it works in other browsers and it's logic.. In Maxthon is not working at all.

26 minutes ago, badnick said:

As I understand it should work this option: - right click on any link -> "open link in new tab" -> the link is open in a new tab in foreground...So it works in other browsers and it's logic.. In Maxthon is not working at all.

Hi badnick, I'm afraid that you understand this function in a wrong way.

1, when the option "Open a new tab in the foreground " is crossed, you can just left-click to open it in a new tab, and redirect you to the new tab immediately.

2, when this option is not crossed, the focus will stay on the page you clicked, and the link will open in a new tab in background.

I suppose this misunderstanding is caused by translation? Could you help list a few other browsers have similar options and show us their descriptions?

45 minutes ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi badnick, I'm afraid that you understand this function in a wrong way.

1, when the option "Open a new tab in the foreground " is crossed, you can just left-click to open it in a new tab, and redirect you to the new tab immediately.

2, when this option is not crossed, the focus will stay on the page you clicked, and the link will open in a new tab in background.

I suppose this misunderstanding is caused by translation? Could you help list a few other browsers have similar options and show us their descriptions?

No. When you set a browser to do something then the browser should do that for all pages /links when you order this, not just for ones. Look here: Firefox and Vivaldi. Also in IE11 is the same.

https://sendvid.com/t690qp68

1 hour ago, PHYR said:

That is  what you are telling the browser to do...

I tell to browser to open a link in a new tab. If I have checked "Open a new tab in the foreground", then the browser should be focused on any new open tab.

The option "open a new tab in the foreground" does not specify wich new tabs is open in the foreground, so is supposed that all new tabs will be open in foreground and that's  the correct interpretation.

Reply from BugSir006: (added after off-topic posts cleanup)

On 16/2/2017 at 7:59 AM, badnick said:

"Open a new tab in the foreground " setting still not work in windows 10

Hi badnick, I've tried with i.maxthon.com, the function works well in win10. Which site have you tried? Some site will determine their link to redirect directly on the same page. 

12 hours ago, 7twenty said:

Reply from BugSir006: (added after off-topic posts cleanup)

No. I think this setting when is enabled, like in other browsers, should FORCE the browser -(when right click=> open link in new  tab) to open the link in a new tab and focusing on it.

On 2/16/2017 at 9:54 PM, klu said:

Please add Ukrainian language!

Add Ukrainian language, please!:Grinmacing_Face_Emoji_42x42:

Hi klu,

We are waiting for 100% proofread for the Ukrainian language file. Now it's 100% translated but 94% approved. 

I have sent message to the proofreaders and I believe they will finish the proofreading work in the nearest future.

:)

Jelly.

1 hour ago, klu said:

:5884970a7da3a_1:

This is good news.
This is great news
Only 6 percent for - "we did it!")):tada:

Are your also translator on Crowdin? 

If not, I really welcome you to join us to help Maxthon speak Ukrainian language:wink:

If yes, could you please tell me your user name on Crowdin? I can invite you to some other Maxthon projects (if you'd like to, haha)!

Jelly

On 2/24/2017 at 9:05 PM, klu said:

My English skills are weak but I will do everything I can.

" klubcom " - my nickname for Crowdin

Hi klu, have a good news to tell you: uk-UA translation and proofreading work have been finished. 

You will be able to see this language after next release version!:wink:

Jelly

Archived