Bug: can't choose to reply on "medium.com" website

16 hours ago, AndroidDeveloperLB said:

Example:

https://medium.com/@quiro91/sharing-files-though-intents-are-you-ready-for-nougat-70f7e9294a0b#.tgeqropti

Try on MX5 ( 5.0.2.1600) and Chrome. For some reason, on MX5, it doesn't show the textbox of "write a response", or anything similar that can trigger showing it.

works fine using magadalene's user agent 

sigmax2.png

1 hour ago, -ody- said:

works fine using magadalene's user agent 

Doesn't like "Maxthon" in the string. Remove that part and it shows as expected. I expect that will be fixed by them pushing a modified UA for this site.

Surprised I didn't pickup on that when i posted above. UA checks is generally one of the first checks.

No idea, but it's not the first time it's happened. More than likely it sees it as an unknown/unsupported browser so somehow things get broken, changed because of it.

MX actually does allow specific UA's per site, as I said above, just that it's not user configurable. The MX dev's can push custom UA's when a certain site is detected, the same way some sites automatically go to Retro mode.

Actually, using a Chrome UA might be the best option as default. Very few sites would care about Maxthon being in the string, Having a more common UA should get you less errors.

Archived