Backwards compatability?

klear6

Hi all,

Sorry I have been absent for awhile.  I am back now!  I am having a slight problem.  I can't use MX5 on my tablet because there weren't any no commands for landscape (I believe there are now, thanks for that) and also because I need to be able to have a direct shortcut to the bookmarks.  I am using an older version of the browser and whenever I add a bookmark it doesn't sync back to the older browser.  Can you please make that possible?  If not, could you please make a direct shortcut available to the bookmarks part of the browser on MX5?  It would be awesome if the bookmarks (infobox saved links) could be long-clicked and "copy url" option was available for Android.  Occasionally I need to share them to a floating browser for ease of use.  Or you could add a floating function to the browser *wink*

As always, thanks guys

klear6

Hi klear6, welcome back! How are you these days?

Bookmarks added in MX4 cannot be auto-synced to MX5 due to their different structure (the new Infobox employs a new structure),

but still, you can export bookmark from MX4 and then import the file to MX5, so manually syncing is possible.  

As for long click to copy, I've tried MX5 on an Android phone, it is possible to click the bookmark and copy the url in the address bar when the link is opened. 

Sorry that I don't understand what are "direct shortcut"  and "floating function" you mentioned above, could you give me some examples?

Archived