Android version 5.0.4.3021 Language problem

Mikefon

After last update laguage become a strange mix of languanges (spanish, italian, portuguese, and maybe something else I don't know) instead o English.

I read somewhere that MX5 language is related to default phone language: I'm Italian and I set the default language of my phone in that language

In some way it is still usable, but it's a bit annoying. It would be greatly appreciated if you make the language selectable at least betwen English and Phone language. Even if you fixed the translation issue, I'd rather keep English as browser language.

Hope you fix soon this problem. Otherwise the browser works pretty well.

Thanks.

Mikefon

On 1/23/2017 at 4:17 PM, Mikefon said:

After last update laguage become a strange mix of languanges (spanish, italian, portuguese, and maybe something else I don't know) instead o English.

I read somewhere that MX5 language is related to default phone language: I'm Italian and I set the default language of my phone in that language

In some way it is still usable, but it's a bit annoying. It would be greatly appreciated if you make the language selectable at least betwen English and Phone language. Even if you fixed the translation issue, I'd rather keep English as browser language.

Hope you fix soon this problem. Otherwise the browser works pretty well.

Thanks.

Mikefon

Hi Mikefon, 

Thanks for your feedback. You really help us confirm a mistake.:(

The language you saw is Venetian language(vec-it), used in part of Italy. Translation work for Italian(it-it) has not been finished so actually the right language on your device should be totally English, but the developing team didn't find Venetian. That's why you are experiencing a wrong Italian language for your MX5.

We have submitted this problem to the developing team, and they agreed that in next updated version, Venetian will not be applied to Italian Andriod system.

Btw, if you have interest, welcome to our translation community on Crowdin, and we can work together to accomplish Italian language.

Regards!

Jelly

Thanks very much to both of you. 

Actually I didn't think about local language. It seemed a mix of languages but it's actually venetian. Quite funny actually. :titter:

About translation: I'll be glad to help how I can. If you tell me what is yet to be done, I'll tell you what I can do both in terms of time and actual competences.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2017 at 1:02 AM, Mikefon said:

Thanks very much to both of you. 

Actually I didn't think about local language. It seemed a mix of languages but it's actually venetian. Quite funny actually. :titter:

About translation: I'll be glad to help how I can. If you tell me what is yet to be done, I'll tell you what I can do both in terms of time and actual competences.

Hi Mikefon,

I'm sorry for late reply because of just coming back from the Chinese holiday:D

Today I stressed the language problem again with the product manager, and this issue will be treated ASAP to avoid more and more dissatisfaction caused by that...

I'm also glad that you agree to join our translator team:Blow_Kiss_Emoji_42x42:

You can start the translation step by step as follows:

1. Sign up on our translation platform Crowdin (https://crowdin.com) if you don't have a Crowdin account
2. Go to Maxthon's homepage on Crowdin https://crowdin.com/projects/Maxthon
3. Enter one project, and select the language you preferred
4. Then there will be a notification asking you to "Join". Click that button and you will send an application to us on this platform. After we approve it from our end, you will be able to start the translation for that project in that language. (We have many managers for our projects, so it will not cost much time for approval;)
5. You can join translation for other projects by same procedure as above.

Currently we have following projects that are in urgent requirement, and you can go based on this order:
Maxthon for Windows Version 5.0
Maxthon for Andriod Version 5.0
Maxthon for iOS Version 5.0
Maxthon for Mac Version 5.0
Maxthon App Store&Google Play
Maxthon Website Translation

Any problem, please feel free to contact me.

Jelly

Archived