MX5-Quick Access V1.6 is online

Hi guys,

Thanks for all your feedback on quick access and our developers, and designers hard work,

we just pushed online a new Quick Access.:1f63b:

The big changes are on the visual effect and recommended sites and content.

The problem some of you reported about backgroup images can't load properly is solved in this version!

We'll also start to develop the new backgroup image system for you after Chinese Lunar New Year. By that time, you will be able to upload whichever image you like to make it your QA backgroud. :1f62c:

If you have any problem with this new QA, please do not hesitate to leave your comment below.

I'll check this thread regularly to answer your questions.

2.png

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sometimes he does not recognize the saved link until 2x; Sometimes you create a new link, then click it, it does not work. Sometimes you create a new folder, a Chinese character appears in the name, and then it freezes. Now I had again taken the 1000er and now the QA does not function properly. Now I have no more bocks.

1 hour ago, Chantao said:

The problem with Maxthon is always: If you do not like a version, you take the version that suits you, but the QA is always simply automatically updated, whether you want it now or not, even if it is full of errors.

It needs flexibility, with configuration for icon size., rows and columns. No way 1 size can fit all monitors.

I went to another browser as my first choice after several years with Maxthon .  After getting my new browser set up i recently updated to MX5 to see if things have gotten any better. The migration from 4 to 5 was not an easy one.

Quick Access had to be completely redone manually (loved the prior mx4 multipage version where i could prioritize by page). It was close to done, then today it started acting wonky.  I had several blocks with 4 sites in them. They stopped working.  Did a search and learned that its a change that now forces me to revise it all over again. I left because i was tired of working for my browser.  My browser is supposed to work for me, not be a constant source of irritation.

Hi all,

Sorry for the issues caused by this new quick access and really thank you for the quick feedback so that we can deal with them in time!

Some of the issues may cause by the cache saved before, so please use ctrl+F5 to refresh the page first and see if the problems still exist.

I see that 5 columns changed to 6 columns also makes you uneasy since you'll have to reorder them again. I'll talk now with our product manager about this and forward these buggy situations to him as well to see how we can make it do. :blush:

Thank you all again and I'll get you back soon!

REALLY... (!!) need to be able to drag and insert tiles between any other given tiles from any line and thereby be ABLE to arrange the way WE want them.

Also an "undo" for folders (Or a "build folder? yes/no" prompt) in case one moves too closely in the hair trigger folded create build that is the kiss of death for the patterns wanted.

Also...

The top line of "recommended" tiles is a bit small in my opinion.

On 2017-01-22 at 1:34 PM, Chantao said:

You can practically see it with Mouse-Over. Maxthon is both minimalistic and practical. Like the palette of a painter. I find it very intuitive.

Yes, if you have mouse. But icons with links to the pages - not biggest problem. Big problem - icons of folder: I really must keep in mind where which folder, because now icons smaller and not have title. Very-very-very strange solutions.

14 hours ago, ddoe said:

I am sorry but I still hate "new quick access" (it chaotic). It's the only reason why I staying at version 4.9 :(

Hi ddoe, I know sometimes it's not easy for people to change their habit. Could you tell us more about why and in which specific points that you don't like the new QA? Every new product will get some haters and lovers in the early stage, but why don't you give it a try? Maybe you'll find something you like in it :Hugging_Face_Emoji_42x42:

12 hours ago, Magdalene said:

The background showing the "Ariel view of the City at Night" still doesn't show up.

Hi Magdalene, thanks for the feedback. It could be related to the loading speed and cache of this picture. Could you give us a screenshot using the development tool? Press F12-console, I'll forward the details on that page to our developers to see what caused this issue.

23 hours ago, websterx said:

I still have QA not working, even after ctr+f5.

I tried also to delete the userdata directory (i'm using portable version), still having some tab with chines caracters on top and nothing else.

On 2017/1/22 at 5:46 AM, joemax said:

When folders you've named are opened they display a blank page with a Chinese character in the name. any unnamed folders open and display properly.

Hi websterx & @joemax, thanks for the feedback and sorry for the trouble. Could you give us a screenshot of the problematic page? Where are the Chinese character shows?

Also, you may try the develop tool (ctrl+F5--F12--open the problematic page-console) to see if there is any error report in red words.

Or, provide your account (email or phone number you used to register Maxthon account) to us. This will be the easiest and quickest way to identify the problem. BTW, PM your accounts to me may help protect your privacy. :)

10 hours ago, vityushka said:

oh, second day of using and I really hate new QA. This small icons in top and especially folders without title - unusable. Really, guys.

Also on tablet in portrait mode QA croped at right (I mean Windows tablet).

Titles can still be edited. Edit: on a surface tablet there is no cropping until zoom is set at 139% or above

What isn't so easy is accessing QA on 2 pc's at the same time...??? Edit: Closing pc version and rebooting second pc M5 fixed this and is accessible on 2 pc's simultaneously. 

Hi.
Now QA seems to work, but as "ddoe" said, i still not love it.
Sometimes i have to work without internet connection but with local connection, sometimes happen that i can not access QA due to this lack of connectivity.
Another thing that i don't love is that i can not add a new icon based on an opened web page (on 4.9 was possible) and by my side the suggested sites are completely unuseful.
And i don't love folders without tiles.

Hi

On 1/24/2017 at 2:48 AM, BugSir006 said:

Hi ddoe, I know sometimes it's not easy for people to change their habit. Could you tell us more about why and in which specific points that you don't like the new QA? Every new product will get some haters and lovers in the early stage, but why don't you give it a try? Maybe you'll find something you like in it :Hugging_Face_Emoji_42x42:

Hi Magdalene, thanks for the feedback. It could be related to the loading speed and cache of this picture. Could you give us a screenshot using the development tool? Press F12-console, I'll forward the details on that page to our developers to see what caused this issue.

While I agree with you that it can be difficult to change a habit, I'm not seeing any lovers of the new quick access on this forum. I'm seeing a lot of haters, including myself. Maybe that is because the old QA was superior. If Maxthon developers are wise, they will consider the feedback, and not stubbornly refuse to revert to a previous design when it has been clearly established that people are having lots of problems with a new feature or simply don't like it.

Let me summarize the feedback in a few words:

Many people really liked having the quick access buttons organized into separate pages. It is not useful to have two separate "tiers" of buttons (the smaller ones at the top, and the larger ones which must be scrolled through).

30 years ago, Coca-cola tried to change their formula. People that drank Coke hated it, only 13% of people preferred the new Coke, and after 77 days the company gave in and reverted to the old formula. They offered both options, and the new Coke eventually failed. Maybe Maxthon should give us the choice to use the old QA with MX5. Otherwise, we might eventually switch to Pepsi.

On 1/23/2017 at 0:43 PM, ddoe said:

I am sorry but I still hate "new quick access" (it chaotic). It's the only reason why I staying at version 4.9 :(

I am also sticking with v4.9 until the quick access reverts to the old design.

Archived