MX5 Beta Release 5.0.2.1400

Decided to install Maxthon again today for using it as backup/secondary browser.

So far Maxthon 5 works more or less acceptable. Only problem with that version seems to be that when i have more tabs open than it is possible to have visible in the tab bar at once -  that always one tab "gets lost" of the additional ones which are being hidden/minimized at the very right of the tab bar under that small number of not shown tabs.

When i restart the browser that "missing" tab is also being restored when i restore the previous session.

So, that tab counter to the right of the not shown tabs seems to count not correctly, so that one tab always can't be activated from the ones which are minimized/hidden.

Another point which is bad in my opinion is that Maxthon notes feels rather clunky and that it is no longer possible to move the tab bar below the address bar - which i hate personally the most.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, RH said:

Another point which is bad in my opinion is that Maxthon notes feels rather clunky and that it is no longer possible to move the tab bar below the address bar - which i hate personally the most.

Hi RH, thanks for telling us what you thought on Maxthon. 

Maxnote is a quite new product we build for MX5, and it's been constantly optimised. We'd like to hear more user voice on it, so really thank you for the feedback.

As for this issue you pointed out, currently you can click the address bar, and drag the link to the favorite bar.

Since we are still considering developing detached tabs, so dragging tab may be used as to create a detached tab in future. :)

4 minutes ago, BugSir006 said:

Since we are still considering developing detached tabs,

Hmmm, this was available in 5.0.2.400, then seems to have been disabled since then? Any details on why that might be the case? In the small amount of testing it seemed to work as expected.

1 hour ago, 7twenty said:

Hmmm, this was available in 5.0.2.400, then seems to have been disabled since then? Any details on why that might be the case? In the small amount of testing it seemed to work as expected.

Yes, this function was available and can work. But we cancelled this function after version 5.0.2.400 since it's not very stable and sometimes causes browser crashes. So we would like to further polish this function so to present a better one to our users. 

Today found another bug:

after leaving MX5 to be opened for the night, having Windows hibernate, and then coming back to MX5, all tabs became blank in their content (meaning when I visit each, I get a white webpage).

Refreshing all of them didn't work, and opening the quick-dial tab show an almost empty page (only the search bar is shown).
However, opening a new tab with URL (like visiting this forum) works fine , and I can surf the web using MX5.

Attached screenshot:

MaxthonSnap20170208082650.png

11 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

portable or installed version? win7 or win10 system?

installed, windows 10.

I have other issues of this version on Windows 10, but mostly on one PC (a very new laptop from the office): unable to drag files to it, sometimes unable to click on task from the taskbar to restore/minimize, inability to import all settings from MX4, inability to replace MX4 (both are somehow installed), annoying accidental folder creation when dragging speed dial items, notes not auto-sync instantly, many features of MX4 missing that I'm used to, ...

Every thing is wrong in regards to stable functioning of this version. Many Bugs are there, eagerly waiting for a better release.

I sent many bugs regarding the New Tab Opening behaviour.

The View Size is inspite of customising in the settings still changes erratically and reverts back to 100%.

The temp in the Home Page reverts back to F even after setting it to C and the location.

Each time we have to change in http://i.maxthon.com/en-us.htm it is US html, make it international please.

• BugSir006 unfeatured and unpinned this topic

Archived