MX5 Android beta release V 5.0.4.3020

Dear all,

Thanks for helping Maxthon improve all the time.

So today, we bring you the latest version v 5.0.4.3020 and welcome all of you to have a try!

Here is the changelog:

• Optimized some pages under night mode
  • Solved the CPU leak issue
  • Optimized setting options

Here is the google play link, you will have to join in the testing program, then can download the beta versions.

Or, you can also just download from the attachment:

mx_five_pre_6101559000_18d0faf_3020_5.0.4.3020_proguard.apk

53 minutes ago, martinstz said:

Hooray! My dream came true! MX5 for android with fully functional landscape mode!

I'm very, very happy!

Now i can use my favorite browser!

Thank you very much!

Except for QA, and don't forget auto hide is available too!

• 2 weeks later...

I've had issues accessing the settings page on both Jelly Bean(4.1.1) and Marshmallow(6.0.1)

On my Nexus 2013 running Marshmallow the personal button on the right only opened with My account, Maxnote, Passkeeper, uumail,history and download taking up the whole page. Settings and Close the Browser were not visible, nor was it possible to scroll the page. After a couple reboots the size of each settings(Maxnote, passkeeper,etc.) became smaller and all fit on the page including settings and close the browser.

On my ZTE phone running Jellybean, same thing happened, but reboots didn't fix it. I can't access settings

Scroll.png

• 1 month later...

First off, let me say that the cross-platform passkeeper feature is great, and seems to work well. It was long overdue, but thanks for finally getting it into MX5. As for the other aspects of the Android version of MX5, well, I'm not liking it so much.

First, there is no option to send a tab for continued reading on another device, which was a main feature of v4. In fact, Maxthon made a very slick video to market v4 which emphasized this feature called "Cloud Push" as the main selling point of the Maxthon browser family. I'm not sure why this functionality has been abandoned. 

But the biggest issue for me is that Quick access tabs are totally lost from previous installations. Why would I want to start from scratch with default sites like twitter and facebook, which I don't use, instead of automatically importing the QA tabs from my v4 installation on the same device, or importing from MX5 cloud? In the year 2017, apps are expected to import data from previous versions! Is there some way to import the v4 QA tabs? I really don't want to spend time re-creating 20 different tabs!

Maxthon should also make it clear if they intend to maintain two separate QA systems (one for mobile, one for desktop) and whether each is synced to the cloud. In other words, if I installed MX5 on another Android device, will it sync the QA tabs from my first installation, or will I have to start from scratch on every single device?

On 3/10/2017 at 3:39 AM, ElectroSelf said:

HOW TO ROTATE SCREEN?!

Allow rotation in your phone settings first, then you can check the settings here in Maxthon browser. 

android rotate setting1.jpgandroid rotate setting2.jpg

On 3/11/2017 at 4:29 AM, vedicaudio said:

the cross-platform passkeeper feature is great

Thanks for liking!

On 3/11/2017 at 4:29 AM, vedicaudio said:

Quick access tabs are totally lost from previous installations

Currently, QA data cannot be imported from MX4 to MX5. And thanks for your suggestion, our technician will start programming this function afterward. For now, you can use Favorite, favorite can be synced across platforms and versions.  

On 3/11/2017 at 0:08 AM, PHYR said:

As far as cloud push, have you tried Maxnote? It's like an automatic cloud push giving you several options to save pages.

I've tried Maxnote, but I'm not sure how I would use that to force a tab to pop up on another device. Cloud push was very useful in the case of, for example, browsing on desktop, finding a great recipe, and then sending that recipe to tablet to use in the kitchen while cooking. I don't always want to save a tab into favorites just to be able to open it on another device.

12 hours ago, vedicaudio said:

Cloud push was very useful in the case of,

Yes, many people say so, while we will not implement this function on Maxthon5 since this service cost a lot and not many people use it. But I also hope it can be back if we collect enough user request on it. 

Maybe you can raise a vote here for this request:

http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/forum/110-mx5/

7 hours ago, ElectroSelf said:

Tablet settings rotation checked. MX5 still no option

Mx5 does have the option and  it works on both my tablet and phone. Which version do you have installed? If you have the version from the top of this page try updating from the app store.

If you have the most recent update try toggling the switch, (uncheck the option and check it again) Otherwise it might be an issue with your operating system. I'm not sure this version is designed for the Amazon Fire, I think there used to be a separate version especially for it, no idea if it's still available. 

The least you could do is tell us which version you have installed. 

On 3/15/2017 at 11:01 PM, BugSir006 said:

Yes, many people say so, while we will not implement this function on Maxthon5 since this service cost a lot

Well, I'm not a programmer, but I would think there is a way to implement the function that doesn't cost a lot, at least as long as both devices are on and connected, it could use a P2P method similar to BitTorrent that doesn't require Maxthon to dedicate server resources to handling these requests. Then again, Maxthon is syncing everything else in the cloud for all users, and if "not many people use it" then I wouldn't think it really takes up that much server resources. But oh well, I won't complain about this one anymore.

Archived