[Suggestion] Add menu button to the User Icon bar

Something that's been bugging me for quite a while.

I find myself accessing the main menu a fair bit while i'm in the User Icon bar (not even sure what it's called). Seeing as it is the "main" menu  it should be accessible from this place as well. It should stay in the same position from the navbar when changing to the User Icon bar. A title can be added to the left to if required to make it match the others (don't think it needs it though).

mx5.gif

And why is it that the "User Icon bar" is 4px lower than the navbar? It creates a change in the UI for no great gain? It already changes colour, so it's evident it's something different. Should be changed to be the same height as the navbar.

agreed

after several months with Mx5, I can now say that I don't like this new UI.... 

this "user icon bar" is a useless additional step to get the information you need.

I use notes all the time but I don't get this new infobox... either too complicated or too simple, but both cases not convenient :

too complicated :

favs and notes should be separated again : accessible by a simple clic from side bar. I want to be able to reach my notes when I need them, simply like I did before, by a sidebar icon

2 columns instead of 3, this middle column is useless, nothing works in it (neither right click nor drag and drop) and it's a waste of space.

I want to be able to use right clic and drag and drop every where in notes ( titltes and text box).

too simple : I never use the new functions you introduced in notes (snap etc...) because you can't add new content to an existing note, which makes them lose all their interest

and I never use UUmail.

in conclusion, some could find these new features useful, but how many ? is it worth the complication ? how many users did you lose because of this ? How many new users won't even give Maxthon a second try because they find it way too complicated ? 

the number of visitors of this forum may be a clue : it has never been as low as it is. Maybe you should start to listen to what people say...

sigmax2.png

29 minutes ago, -ody- said:

favs and notes should be separated again : accessible by a simple clic from side bar. I want to be able to reach my notes when I need them, simply like I did before, by a sidebar icon

Hi ody, the good news is that we are developing the sidebar icon for favorites. It is expected to meet with us at the end of Jan the soonest!

1 hour ago, -ody- said:

2 columns instead of 3, this middle column is useless, nothing works in it (neither right click nor drag and drop) and it's a waste of space.

For the second column, I also think that it should have the option to fold it like the first column does by this icon

fold the first column.png

While the main function of this column, in my opinion, is that you can adjust the sequence of the notes here and see the thumbnail more clearly here.

1 hour ago, -ody- said:

you can't add new content to an existing note

Cannot confirm this from my side. I can edit or add anything I like to an existing note. like here:

edit_note.gif

4 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Cannot confirm this from my side. I can edit or add anything I like to an existing note. like here:

this is not what I mean :  according to your video you edit an existing note by opening it

what I mean is :  when you're on a webpage and you clic the little bee, you can't add any content to an already existing note by a simple clic :  you can create a new note, or you can save content and then paste it into a note (which takes 2 more steps : save content, open a note then paste.)

sigmax2.png

6 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

So the main advice is to resize the avatar and make it equal to the new tab? Or add an icon on the toolbar that redirects to the three functions page?

No.

Exactly as I noted in the initial post. But see below with details added.

Untitled.png

I'm sure there's more important things to work on, but these should all be very simple changes.

Archived