MX 5.0.2.1000 Netflix + WWE Network videos don't open

I can no longer load any videos from http://network.wwe.com as I get error " Media Error: Video not available " I tried updating flash player, turning off adblocker, trying every UA string, turning of my firewall and all steps in this article https://help.wwe.com/app/answers/kbdetails/a_id/36/cat_id/131. I tried loading videos from Internet Explorer 11 and it works fine.

EDIT: Netflix doesn't work either

5 hours ago, Mo88 said:

Thanks for the suggestion. l tried Retro mode but I get the error that the browser is outdated and the loading icon just keeps spinning, no loading.

Ensure you have " Enable standard rendering in Retro Mode " in advanced settings.

Hi Mo88,

The site needs to enter billing information to start the first month's free trial, while we do not have an overseas card.

So may I ask do you mind we using your account to test this issue? It will be great if you do not mind, but we totally understand if you mind.

If yes, we will tell you once we finished testing, and then you can change your account information.

Thanks in advance, and sorry for the trouble caused.

BTW, does PHYR's suggestions help solve the issue?

14 hours ago, Mo88 said:

EDIT: Netflix doesn't work either

doesn't work in the same way as that in WWE?

Hi Mo88,

I've replied your PM and really thank you for providing your account for us to test!

The temporary solution is to change your browser UA to Chrome, and I'll tell our product manager about this issue and let them push this site to the UA so that you don't have to change UA anymore in future.

Sorry for the rouble and wish you a happy holiday!

How to change your browser UA:

UA changed to chrome.png

19 minutes ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi Mo88,

I've replied your PM and really thank you for providing your account for us to test!

The temporary solution is to change your browser UA to Chrome, and I'll tell our product manager about this issue and let them push this site to the UA so that you don't have to change UA anymore in future.

Sorry for the rouble and wish you a happy holiday!

How to change your browser UA:

He clearly states in the OP that he tried all the UA's to no avail

Could it be something with the proxy or something else? I'm not familiar with the advanced settings for internet so I don't play around with that stuff. I've always had it set to use IE proxy, maybe issue with this?

Edit: Going on http://cineplex.com using the Chrome UA gives this error. So maybe my issues are related to this?

MaxthonSnap20161228004741.jpg

On 28/12/2016 at 2:57 PM, Mo88 said:

Edit: Going on http://cineplex.com using the Chrome UA gives this error.

The trailers on that site work fine using the default Maxthon UA (including the default chrome/47.x.x.x string). Are you also having issues with the trailers? or only videos that are purchased?

If not, then it's probably related to DRM. Either Maxthon doesn't support the plugin they use or a security setting.

everytime i try to watch netflix on MX5 i get this:  

Unexpected Error

There was an unexpected error. Please reload the page and try again.

Error Code: H7111-1331-2206

netflix works fine on all other browsers. any way to fix this?

The error code doesn't even show in Netflix's help section.

I'd contact them first to see what they say about it, although it will probably be we don't support browsers other than IE/Edge/Chrome/FF/Opera.

Also doesn't work under Retro mode with standard rendering, even though it works fine using IE.

More than likely something to do with Maxthon's older Blink version, or the way they implement DRM that MX doesn't work with.

this is what l'm getting using default UA on Ultra mode and with adblock turned off. retro mode is fine though. I'm not sure if the issue is on my end, but it's getting annoying having to switch UA's between websites. Previous versions up to v 5.0.1.700 worked great for me, after that l'm noticing more problems with each new version

cine.jpg

1 hour ago, 7twenty said:

The error code doesn't even show in Netflix's help section.

I'd contact them first to see what they say about it, although it will probably be we don't support browsers other than IE/Edge/Chrome/FF/Opera.

Also doesn't work under Retro mode with standard rendering, even though it works fine using IE.

More than likely something to do with Maxthon's older Blink version, or the way they implement DRM that MX doesn't work with.

I contacted support about this last week and they were going to send the info to the developers and get back to me. Probably with holidays they are behind so l haven't heard back yet

5 hours ago, Mo88 said:

this is what l'm getting using default UA on Ultra mode and with adblock turned off. retro mode is fine though. I'm not sure if the issue is on my end, but it's getting annoying having to switch UA's between websites. Previous versions up to v 5.0.1.700 worked great for me, after that l'm noticing more problems with each new version

Just use the mode that works for that site, nothing more.

8 minutes ago, -ody- said:

although it may not work for other sites...

But in this case UA is causing issues between different sites. Switching to Retro makes one work and the other can stay with the default "chrome" or Maxthon UA.

In this case it seems that Retro is the perfect solution. Site works fine in Retro, there's no need to stuff about with UA's and it remembers the setting for subsequent visits. Although ABP doesn't work for some reason...

Ideally all sites will work in Ultra, if not, Retro should be the 2nd option, and UA changes the final option - and really should only be used when required.

12 minutes ago, -ody- said:

if only maxthon remembered the UA per site, like it does with retro /ultra mode...

Probably a viable option, just whether it warrants the dev's time to implement it. They already seem to have a list of sites that auto-toggle Retro mode. I can't see why they can't do the same with UA, unless it's related to the fact that they can't change it per page. Like now if you change it for 1 page, all other pages then get that revised UA.

Hi all, thanks for the discussion!

Let's get it clear first. So this thread reports three issue on MX5,

1, [from @Mo88] Videos on WWE (http://network.wwe.com/) cannot be played, even if changed to any of the UA strings?

I've tested this one, but change UA to chrome helps solve this issue. So I've forwarded this to our developers and let them push this site in Chrome UA so that you don't have to change UA to watch videos on this site (still processing). may I ask @7twenty & @-ody- help test it as well?

2, [from @Mo88] This site (http://cineplex.com/)  only works fine in retro mode, but has a pop-up message at the top in Ultra mode? So this maybe a compatibility issue on MX5, I'll forward it to our testers as well.

3, [from @Zydon] Netflix doesn't work, also get an error message.  Does this happen on any video? And what's your browser version and operation system? Some screenshot maybe helpful for us, and could you also give us a screenshot: when the problem appears, press F12, choose "console"

Example:

QQ截图20170103153227.png

Thank you all in advance!

31 minutes ago, BugSir006 said:

[from @Mo88] Videos on WWE (http://network.wwe.com/) cannot be played, even if changed to any of the UA strings?

I've tested this one, but change UA to chrome helps solve this issue. So I've forwarded this to our developers and let them push this site in Chrome UA so that you don't have to change UA to watch videos on this site (still processing). may I ask @7twenty & @-ody- help test it as well?

sorry but this site asks for a subscription, so I didn't test it. My reply ( the ability to set the ua per site would be nice) was generally speaking,.

sigmax2.png

2 hours ago, -ody- said:

( the ability to set the ua per site would be nice)

Seems like they already are doing this, just on their side based on user feedback, if i'm reading the below correctly... interesting.

2 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

let them push this site in Chrome UA so that you don't have to change UA to watch videos on this site

may I ask @7twenty & @-ody- help test it as well?

As with ody, can't test as needs an account.

Does this happen on any video? And what's your browser version and operation system? Some screenshot maybe helpful for us, and could you also give us a screenshot: when the problem appears, press F12, choose "console"

The big black image posted by mo88 on the first page that says "whoops, something went wrong". Seems to be common to users with the Netflix issue. And happens on all videos.

No errors are shown in the console window.

Using Windows 10 (14393.576) / MX5.0.2.1000

Archived