Typo's, grammar issues etc... lets make a list!

7twenty

On 6/28/2017 at 6:20 AM, 7twenty said:

Language is set to en-GB but the QA language doesn't seem to change. "Favorites" is using en-US spelling. - NOT FIXED 

The string in Quick Access.ini on Crowdin is translated correctly.

lang.png

Hi Rob, as you see on Crowdin, QA are in a different system with the framework of PC browser, so the development of QA and its update are not along with browser version like v5.1.0.1700, 1900...

I noticed that you had finished the translation of Quick Access.ini, and I have downloaded your translation. But there was no update plan recently so I think I can wait for more other QA localization files and send them together to the QA dev team before they compile a new version.

Hope you can understand it.

20 hours ago, BugMiss006 said:

But there was no update plan recently so I think I can wait for more other QA localization files and send them together to the QA dev team before they compile a new version.

I don't agree with this. I don't see why en-GB users should have to wait an unknown amount of time just because there's no one that is actively updating the Latvian translations for example.

Also any updates on all the other "not fixed" issues in previous posts above?

2 hours ago, ßouЯock™ said:

Suggestion for "CPU Usage" and "Mute" strings in status bar submenu

The mute button is a global Mx5 mute button as opposed to the tab mute button located on the tab.

And the cpu usage is the system cpu usage.

cpu.png

49 minutes ago, PHYR said:

And the cpu usage is the system cpu usage

It is, but the feature it enables also includes IP addresses, down/up speed and memory info as well. So I agree, the string in the menu should be System info.

Mute could possibly be Mute Browser, or Global Mute

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/12/2017 at 1:35 AM, ßouЯock™ said:

Suggestion for "CPU Usage" and "Mute" strings in status bar submenu

maxidea.png

CPU Usage has been changed to "System info" in the new version. I think you can get that under your Turkish language. 

en-us version is going to be changed next time. Please be patient.

On 7/12/2017 at 4:57 AM, 7twenty said:

It is, but the feature it enables also includes IP addresses, down/up speed and memory info as well. So I agree, the string in the menu should be System info.

Mute could possibly be Mute Browser, or Global Mute

Will be "Global Mute" in next en-us version. I have forwarded that file to the dev team.

4 hours ago, 7twenty said:

This isn't translated. There's no crowdin string either.

Viewable when secure URL check is disabled from settings.

MaxthonSnap20170808135329.png

Hi Rob,

We have reported a bug here. It's not translated, but coding notification shown wrongly which is also different with Chinese version.

Thank you for pointing out.

On 8/8/2017 at 1:27 PM, 7twenty said:

This isn't translated. There's no crowdin string either.

Viewable when secure URL check is disabled from settings.

MaxthonSnap20170808135329.png

Hi Rob, if you are using the latest version, V5.1.1.300-beta, you will see a different but revised notification when you do the same operation.

We have update the string here, and will also update the source file on Crowdin ASAP.

• 1 month later...

First time I saw that error page I wasn't sure what it was from. Looks like it is Maxthon, but it seems that it is, and with the classic telltale signs of typos!!

"Website classifieds" - i'm not even sure what that is supposed to be.   - NOT FIXED 

"Goggle Search" - really? like... really?  - NOT FIXED 

quick access.png

• 3 weeks later...

Two images in this post: http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/22698-mx5131000-windows-10-installation-issue/ 

First should be: Sorry, the installation failed. Please try changing the install folder.  - NOT FIXED 

2nd should be: Invalid folder. Select another folder and try again.  - NOT FIXED 

I've used folder instead of directory, as the term directory isn't used at all in any of the crowdin strings.

There are no strings for these in Crowdin.

@BugMiss006

On 10/31/2017 at 0:25 PM, 7twenty said:

Two images in this post: http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/22698-mx5131000-windows-10-installation-issue/ 

First should be: Sorry, the installation failed. Please try changing the install folder.  - NOT FIXED 

2nd should be: Invalid folder. Select another folder and try again.  - NOT FIXED 

I've used folder instead of directory, as the term directory isn't used at all in any of the crowdin strings.

There are no strings for these in Crowdin.

@BugMiss006

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your pointing out. I forwarded it to the product manager and he has reported a bug here. The wrong description will be replaced ASAP.

Yes, you are right that some words or sentences are not included in the language file for some convenience. If there's problem with those strings, we can report bugs and let them fix them.

B.R.

Jelly

I think i mentioned this before?! (yep, i did)

Why is the below not updated to the current crowdin string? That string was updated four (4)!! months ago.

Untitled.png

Also the status bar system info as noted in the 3rd post on this page. This was also updated months ago, yet the old translation is still in use.

Also this from July.

If new translations are updated once a month I can understand. On every minor point release (5.1.1 > 5.1.2), sure. But there's been at least 3 months since this was first mentioned and updated, and there's been 15(!) new releases (beta & final) since then, and these translations still aren't added?

• 3 weeks later...
On 01/11/2017 at 6:24 PM, BugMiss006 said:

Thanks for your pointing out

Can you please advise when the latest version of MX PC will be getting updated translations on Crowdin, and added to the release version?

1/ there's plenty of untranslated strings in the en-GB version which is annoying.
2/ there are still strings from ages ago still not fixed... and it's getting annoying still having to post about this.

@BugSir006

Missing translations in en-GB

MaxthonSnap20171202123634.png

Missing translation for unknown file type(?)

MaxthonSnap20171127134432.png

Hi,

The new added strings in the latest 1700beta version haven't been updated to Crowdin, because I'm still waiting for the dev team to send me the updated source file. Meanwhile, all new-added but untranslated strings will be shown in English for localization versions.

The error in your screenshot didn't encounter when I switched my language to en-GB or any other local languages(Turkish, Russian...). Plz see attached.

And the "age-ago" problematic strings have been in the dev's hands. That's all we can do.

MaxthonSnap20171204180555.jpg

On 12/2/2017 at 9:33 AM, 7twenty said:

Can you please advise when the latest version of MX PC will be getting updated translations on Crowdin, and added to the release version?

1/ there's plenty of untranslated strings in the en-GB version which is annoying.
2/ there are still strings from ages ago still not fixed... and it's getting annoying still having to post about this.

@BugSir006

Missing translations in en-GB

MaxthonSnap20171202123634.png

Missing translation for unknown file type(?)

MaxthonSnap20171127134432.png

Hi,

I've sent you the update source file for proofreading, before it's updated publicly on Crowdin.

Please give me a confirmation if you do receive my email. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

@BugMiss006 I found two mistakes in Polish translation.

2018-01-30_Mx.png

"Usunięto" in English means Removed. It should be "Zrobione" which means "Done"

2018-01-30_Mx1.png

"Otwórz w nowej zakładce, w tle" in English means "Open a new tab in the background". It should be "Otwórz nową kartę na pierwszym planie" which means "Open a new tab in the foreground"

Ummm?? Like... wow.... really?!! Does anybody do any proofreading/doublechecking or ANYTHING when they update strings!!

Like just wow... i... just can't even...

Every word processor and most advanced text editors have spellcheck and would pickup that error.

Spellcheck was added as a system wide feature to Windows since 8 for most fields in programs.

Every browser includes spellcheck.

If the program that is used doesn't have it, paste it into the reply box on the forum and have a quick look for errors.. so many options!!

There is NOT ONE GOOD REASON that things like this keep on getting through.

what the!!.png

• 3 months later...
On 2/2/2018 at 6:08 PM, 7twenty said:

Ummm?? Like... wow.... really?!! Does anybody do any proofreading/doublechecking or ANYTHING when they update strings!!

Like just wow... i... just can't even...

Every word processor and most advanced text editors have spellcheck and would pickup that error.

Spellcheck was added as a system wide feature to Windows since 8 for most fields in programs.

Every browser includes spellcheck.

If the program that is used doesn't have it, paste it into the reply box on the forum and have a quick look for errors.. so many options!!

There is NOT ONE GOOD REASON that things like this keep on getting through.

what the!!.png

I'm not surprised at all.

You're lucky that English and Chinese are left to right languages.

Just try to see what happens when we see the Arabic strings. 
From early days up till now any tab displaying Arabic name would be in reverse order. Now I'm used to reading Arabic from left to right instead of right to left.

Why do other browsers display Arabic right but not Maxthon? sigh

• 4 months later...

Neither string highlighted below are in the crowdin translation list.

The patterns of favorites display should be Display favorites as...

Only display the icon should be Display icon only

Due to the way the menu is shown, i'd change the options to Title only, Icon only, Icon and title. No need to repeat display as it doesn't add anything to it.

MaxthonSnap20181001220130.png

Archived