MX5 New Official release 5.0.2.1000

10 hours ago, 7twenty said:

Well you've narrowed it down a little., it's something on that particular system that is causing the issue. Again, try with a portable/guest account to confirm that.

Trying on portable version, it worked fine. 

Trying on private mode and even using guest mode, it still doesn't work.

Also found out an issue when login back to my account: it doesn't restore locked tabs.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know why the post is always been hidden no matter how many times I changed its status.

But I've created a new post for this version, and also contact IPS supporters.

Hope they will reply me soon :)

Thank you all for telling me this so we can correct it before more people notice that.

1 hour ago, BugSir006 said:

Don't know why the post is always been hidden no matter how many times I changed its status.

But I've created a new post for this version, and also contact IPS supporters.

Hope they will reply me soon :)

Thank you all for telling me this so we can correct it before more people notice that.

Shows as "Hidden by Guest, no reason given"

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

No, or better: I do not know, but what I noticed the hook at UI was not in it. And I only noticed it when I wanted to check your answer  :twisted: Excuse me for all your efforts, mea maxima culpa. Small mistake, great effect; I can not explain how it happened.

On 10/1/2017 at 1:34 AM, AndroidDeveloperLB said:

Trying on portable version, it worked fine. 

Trying on private mode and even using guest mode, it still doesn't work.

It's almost certain it's something related to the "public" data/settings on your install.

Portable works - means it's not system related.
Your same account works on another PC - means it's not account related.
Private/guest on the same PC don't work, which would also use the same settings as a logged in user. So that's where the problem lies as far as I can tell.

A clean install should fix it and reading back over this thread you never said you did that?

Failing that i'd be curious to see if the same occurs on my PC if I had a copy of your install.

18 hours ago, 7twenty said:

It's almost certain it's something related to the "public" data/settings on your install.

Portable works - means it's not system related.
Your same account works on another PC - means it's not account related.
Private/guest on the same PC don't work, which would also use the same settings as a logged in user. So that's where the problem lies as far as I can tell.

A clean install should fix it and reading back over this thread you never said you did that?

Failing that i'd be curious to see if the same occurs on my PC if I had a copy of your install.

Would uninstall&re-install keep my settings? It's really annoying to set it all again.

Is there a way to backup things, just in case?

4 hours ago, AndroidDeveloperLB said:

Would uninstall&re-install keep my settings? It's really annoying to set it all again.

Is there a way to backup things, just in case?

That's the whole point of the passport system. All your data and settings will be restored from the cloud.

You can keep a copy of the data in %appdata%\Maxthon5\[YOUR_USERACCOUNT]

In my testing you should be able to just copy that back and have things as they were should things not go to plan. But passport makes things messy at times due to syncing etc. which is the reason why i prefer only a local guest account.

18 hours ago, 7twenty said:

That's the whole point of the passport system. All your data and settings will be restored from the cloud.

In my testing you should be able to just copy that back and have things as they were should things not go to plan. But passport makes things messy at times due to syncing etc. which is the reason why i prefer only a local guest account.

Thanks. Hope it will work.

On 1/21/2017 at 6:42 AM, 7twenty said:

I tried to uninstall MX5, including clearing the data.

Then I re-installed MX5 using the "mx5.0.2.1400-beta.exe" file, and again it still doesn't allow me to drag&drop files to it.
Also, it restored only some of what I had. It didn't restore these:
- settings of which items to show on the UI (toolbar icons)
- the login to this website.
- What I chose to show on the fav bar, but maybe that's a missing feature. At home, I chose to show a specific folder, and at work, another. Upon install, it chose to show what's at home. If it's a missing feature, please add it.
- last session, including all history and also locked tabs. It doesn't even show me the sessions of what I had at home. I don't even think this feature even exists. Please add this feature if it doesn't exist.
- settings of the addons. I know this because I have the "NoAds" addon, and there I chose to remove specific things from websites. Now it got reset.
- background chosen for the speed dial.
-ad hunter was disabled for some reason

Archived