MX5 New Official release 5.0.2.1000

With all your help and our developers' efforts, 

Maxthon Browser officially releases MX 5.0.2.1000 version today!

This is our second official version, the last one is 5.0.1.3000.

Here are the changelog and download link: 

Thanks for everyone's feedback and support for MX4, and MX5 alpha, beta, and internal test versions

we fixed a lot of bugs and made many improvements.

Welcome to give us feedback in "MX5 Version Discussion" area.

Here is the "MX5 Version Discussion" area link:

http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/forum/95-mx5-version-discussion/&%2Fforum%2F95-mx5-beta-version-discussion%2F=

Our professional admins and moderators will help you and deal with issues.

Let's make Maxthon browser better together!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still get a nasty hang in NetFlix

To duplicate:

*Go to NetFlix

*Play a movie

*Close NetFlix tab without first closing the movie

It hangs forever. Windows 10 Task Bar is unaccessable, must hit Alt+Tab, then close M5 from the Task Bar.

Merry Christmas to all! :)

Tried installing the latest version just now. Here are the issues I am experiencing:

1. Cannot find a way to hide the favorites bar under the address bar.

2. My quick access tiles were imported, but all reverted to ugly solid color squares with text instead of thumbnail images which I was using in v4. I do not see a way to force all tiles to switch to thumbnail images.

3. Speaking of quick access, I only have one page. I have to scroll down to see all of them. Can I no longer have them split across 3 pages?

4. What the heck are the other tiles in the top row, pre-set to sites which I never visited or saved (like Facebook)?

5. When I came to this forum with Mx5, it did not magic fill my password. So I had to go back to Mx4 to login and make this post.

I'm curious whether these changes are supposed to be "features" or will be acknowledged as bugs. My decision whether to continue using Maxthon hangs in the balance.

Thanks,

Luke

55 minutes ago, vedicaudio said:

Tried installing the latest version just now. Here are the issues I am experiencing:

2. My quick access tiles were imported, but all reverted to ugly solid color squares with text instead of thumbnail images which I was using in v4. I do not see a way to force all tiles to switch to thumbnail images.

3. Speaking of quick access, I only have one page. I have to scroll down to see all of them. Can I no longer have them split across 3 pages?

4. What the heck are the other tiles in the top row, pre-set to sites which I never visited or saved (like Facebook)?

5. When I came to this forum with Mx5, it did not magic fill my password. So I had to go back to Mx4 to login and make this post.

I'm curious whether these changes are supposed to be "features" or will be acknowledged as bugs. My decision whether to continue using Maxthon hangs in the balance.

Thanks,

Luke

1. see fav.jpg attached below. The red circles are what you click on

2. Right click on a tile and click Edit. Sometimes logos will be updated, sometimes not

3 and 4. This is the new quick access since beginning of version 5. I personally like this new style much better.

fav.jpg

1 hour ago, vedicaudio said:

1 & 2 - as Mo88 stated. The thumbnails thing is a little backwards. They had a universal option, now changed to be set individually. For some users that may be better, others maybe not.

3 - It's the new style. It's still being tweaked, but I don't think the old style will return.

4 - They're just tiles for some of your most used sites. As with most things, if you spend 2mins clicking around you will see that they're fully customisable. You can't remove them, but make them useful to you.

5 - Double check that all your passwords were imported to Passkeeper. Then doublecheck that the one for the forum is there, and correct.

So some are features, some are changes to things for whatever reason, some might be bugs, and others are just lack of knowledge or desire to look further into something.

5 hours ago, vedicaudio said:

1: see Mo88's post

2: You can designate a thumbnail by editing.

3: Dragging a tile directly on top of another creates a folder or page of tiles. You can add as many pages or folders as you like. Although I would like to see a bigger folder so more sites would be available before scrolling is needed.

4: They are suggested popular sites which you can change.

5: You could have signed in and added the account and password to passkeeper(Maxthons new Magic fill)

21 hours ago, Chantao said:

And I can not set language from English to German.

Hi, Chantao. Thank you for always giving feedback so quickly!

German language is just finished in our crowdin, and will be added in our next public version! So next time, you don't have to download the file any longer. You just need to switch language through setting! Hurray!

And thanks @martinstz for providing the file for Chantao! But I'm wondering where it comes from and who made it? Although I can tell it's from this forum, but once I click the link, it will download the file immediately, so I can hardly track where it belongs.

Thank you both again!

15 hours ago, fOrTune(r) said:

Russian language wasn't updated to the most fresh version ((

Hi fOrTune(r), what update are you referring to? Russian language file is added since last version (5.0.2.900). The file was added once the translation project completed on crowdin. So may I ask what is the problem you are facing?

14 hours ago, bobad1 said:

It hangs forever

Hi bobad1, thanks for the feedback and wish you a merry Christmas!

As for the Netflix issue, since the site is not available in China, and there's something wrong with my VPN now. So could you please record a video or a gif picture to us?

Here is an easy to use app to record a gif in case you need it ;) licecap.exe

But it seems that we do not get similiar feedback from other users, so I also want to @ some of our mods to try on their devices. @-ody-, @7twenty, @No.1MaxthonFan ,

Thanks for your help!!

2 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

As for the Netflix issue, since the site is not available in China, and there's something wrong with my VPN now. So could you please record a video or a gif picture to us?

But it seems that we do not get similiar feedback from other users, so I also want to @ some of our mods to try on their devices. @-ody-, @7twenty, @No.1MaxthonFan ,

Thanks for your help!!

Sadly I don't have Netflix so I cannot give feedback. :(

5 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

5 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Thanks for your help!!

I don't think it is restricted to Netflix. I often close video tabs, especially with multiple video tabs open(3 or 4??), only to find the audio continuing to play in the background with no way to turn it off other than closing Maxthon. I definitely know it happens on vids using Flash Player 20.0.0.306. I think Netflix also uses a version of FP, jsplayer or something. 

10 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

what update are you referring to? Russian language file is added since last version (5.0.2.900). The file was added once the translation project completed on crowdin. So may I ask what is the problem you are facing?

I know what I translate, and I can't see that updated translations in that version. Too many things to show.

Unfortunately, the synchronization of desktop and mobile still does not work, and even if MaxthonJeff says something different: If it is synchronized, my upkeep of MX4.

And when MX5 Desktop syncs itself, the screenshots and other notes that are not based on html are displayed without pictures.

All in all: If for me MX5 would be interesting, then because of the screenshots. But if those are not backed up in a cloud with image, then it is better to save screenshots on the hard disk. So then I can also take the much better handling MX4. This is at least not so cumbersome with the sorting of the file.

Too bad all in all. Only because of QA to use MX5. No.

On 12/23/2016 at 10:19 PM, Galileusz said:

Ukrainian is translated but must be approved. At the present time it is 58%

Hi Mr. G, thanks for helping answer. You must be one of our Russian translators? Merry Christmas, and thanks for contributing!

On 12/23/2016 at 11:00 PM, PHYR said:

I don't think it is restricted to Netflix. I often close video tabs, especially with multiple video tabs open(3 or 4??), only to find the audio continuing to play in the background with no way to turn it off other than closing Maxthon. I definitely know it happens on vids using Flash Player 20.0.0.306. I think Netflix also uses a version of FP, jsplayer or something. 

Thanks for the additional information!

On 12/23/2016 at 3:56 AM, fOrTune(r) said:

I know what I translate, and I can't see that updated translations in that version. Too many things to show.

Hi fOrTune(r), thanks for replying. And please contact our staff on Crowdin and he/she will help you to check your translation and she will explain to you. 

BTW, thanks for contributing all the time! Merry Christmas!

On 12/24/2016 at 1:43 PM, lysyn said:

When added Polish language?

Hi Lysyn, thanks for your attention and Merry Christmas!

Polish is now finished 97%, it may need a little bit more time to complete and be proofread. 

So please stay tuned, it may be available soon!

We also sincerely invite you to be one of our translators, you may find more information here:https://crowdin.com/projects/Maxthon

19 hours ago, Chantao said:

the synchronization of desktop and mobile still does not work

Hi Chantao, do you refer to the sync of QA here?

I also question the same to our product manager, she thinks that user behavior on PC and mobile may be different, so she does not stand for making them sync. 

But I stand at your side. Maybe to raise a vote here may change the current design: http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/forum/110-mx5-version/

3 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi Mr. G, thanks for helping answer. You must be one of our Russian translators? Merry Christmas, and thanks for contributing!

I'm polish and I'm not a translator of Russian. Only I checked this on Crowdin. By the way I also wish you a Merry Christmas :)

2 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi Chantao, do you refer to the sync of QA here?

I also question the same to our product manager, she thinks that user behavior on PC and mobile may be different, so she does not stand for making them sync. 

But I stand at your side. Maybe to raise a vote here may change the current design: http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/forum/110-mx5-version/

I mean the bookmarks only

On 23.12.2016 at 4:19 PM, Galileusz said:

Ukrainian is translated but must be approved. At the present time it is 58%

Thanks for the answer.

I contacted translator - translation is 100%. Delay in approval. Please expedite approval.
After starting from the date of announcement of the MX5 has passed a lot of time and two official releases.
People wait ...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

1 hour ago, klu said:

Thanks for the answer.

I contacted translator - translation is 100%. Delay in approval. Please expedite approval.

If you have the desire, then you can try the unofficial version: MX5 uk-ua 58% approved.rar

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

On Saturday, December 24, 2016 at 5:43 AM, lysyn said:

When added Polish language?

Is not known when will be the official Polish version, so if you want, try the unofficial: MX5 pl-pl 97%.rar

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

18 hours ago, klu said:

After starting from the date of announcement of the MX5 has passed a lot of time and two official releases.
People wait ...

Hi Klu, sorry to keep you waiting, we keep working to make it better, so we release a beta every two weeks for internal users to find bugs and give suggestions.

As for the language file, may I ask which translator did you ask? @BugMiss006 may help you with the approval issue, she's also in crowdin.

Archived