Two URL buttons

dagoz

In the URL bar Maxthon 5 could have two buttons, one to do the functions of the bee button and the other to save webpages the way that every other browser does. That way Maxthon 5 can attract Maxthon 4 users and keep Maxthon 5 users that want to keep pictures of dolphins, etc using the bee button. What users are unhappy about is mainly Maxnote and it's confusing way of saving webpages. I, personally, do not use Maxthon 5, because I do not like Maxthon 5's three main features. I cannot work out how to use Maxnote. Passkeeper - I would rather have passwords that I can remember and use with other browsers. I would not use UUMail, I have two email accounts and I happy to open them up on their individual servers, I don't need a third or fourth email account.

So the main three features of Maxthon 5 are useless to me, sorry Maxthon, but I think that there is quite a few users who have sinilar feelings to me.

There are millions of Maxthon users staying away from Maxthon 5, you have to ask yourself why!?!

6 hours ago, dagoz said:

In the URL bar Maxthon 5 could have two buttons, one to do the functions of the bee button and the other to save webpages the way that every other browser does.

Interesting idea, but I think that will just make things more confusing.

I do not like Maxthon 5's three main features. I cannot work out how to use Maxnote. Passkeeper - I would rather have passwords that I can remember and use with other browsers. I would not use UUMail, I have two email accounts and I happy to open them up on their individual servers, I don't need a third or fourth email account.

So here's the kicker... apart from Maxnote,. you don't actually have to use any of those features!

Don't like uuMail? don't use it!
Don't want MX to create passwords? Just use Passkeeper to manage passwords like MagicFill did!

I cannot work out how to use Maxnote.

You keep mentioning this so i'll copy/paste this from my previous reply:

Pretty sure this was mentioned before -

Bee icon
make sure "bookmark" is selected from the list
select the folder required from the dropdown
click "Add".

It's literally exactly the same as it always was, just looks different.

Please explain what it is that makes that so hard to follow?

6 hours ago, dagoz said:

There are millions of Maxthon users staying away from Maxthon 5, you have to ask yourself why!?!

I'd say that's more because it's not called Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari and to a lesser degree Opera.

We don't know the numbers of MX users for previous versions let alone MX5. Bringing back a "classic favourites" system, while might be nice for long time users, isn't going to make it the #1 browser all of a sudden.

Hi dagoz, I understand your feeling. Sometimes it's hard to change our habit especially when we are so familiar with the current tool. Every single function, where the button locates, how to switch on and off some functions, they are simply rooted in our heads.

We develop MX5 is not to create trouble for our users, we just want you to know sometimes there is another method to acheive something. 

We are really sorry that Maxnote is not easy for you, and we really like to hear you opinions about how to improve it!

And your opinion will come our only if you continue to use it. That's a little bit troublesome. But we still like to presuade you to gain some patience with MX5, and help us to make it better with your experience and your advice. 

Looking forward to hearing more from you!

Thanks again!

Archived