New Maxthon

Kit45

NO, NO, NO !!!

I don't like the new Maxthon. Please make available the older version; are we already in dictatorship or do we have the right to choose and not to be forced to change??

Please make available the download of older version, PLEEEASE!

Rick Balbusso

No one is being forced to use MX5.

The older 4.x.x.xxxx versions are still available here: http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/release-notes/

I'm actually still using 4.9.3.1000 myself.  I have MX5 installed also, but for now I only have it there to experiment with it here and there.  I really don't see myself switching over to MX5 until probably around 2 more versions from now ... or whenever it is that they at least give us the ability to customize it with our own skin and background like the older versions.  And besides, in the meantime, more bugs will be fixed by then.

I use the 4.9.4.2000; There are some shortcomings that I miss since the 4.4.8.1000 but here you can also improvise. For me, it was always important bookmarks import and export. In addition, Maxthon has many extensions, you still need to install other browsers, or the mouse gestures are better than with any other browser. A paver is why I prefer 4 as an unfinished 5.

Hello,

Recently, I have not been able to import a favorite list from Internet Explorer, and even the page favorites display has disappeared after the first use or need eternities until they are displayed in Maxthon. I am my favorite list from the IE and also in the side display very important. If I would like to import the favorites into Maxthon, I will see the following: Importing failed. And now Maxthon is very slow and not the fasted Browser like before (No, I don't have a virus on my system). Please take a look at the attached screenshot. 

At the end, I think I have to say good bye to Maxthon.

sshot-8.jpg

I wouldn't bother with Maxthon 5

I still don't know how to save bookmark links to a location that I desire, I only know how to put them into Infodump.

QA cannot be reordered as desired and scrolling up and down freezes the page

There is still many flaws in HTML5 with Maxthon 5.

Zoom in and out by 10%, then 25%, then 50%, then 100% makes the feature redundant. 10% incriments (used up to maxthon V4.4) is much better, but this was abandoned. The new method is just like other browsers, yawn

The change background button ?? Looks like a settings cog, settings would have a much better thing to click onto rather than a pointless selection of useless backgrounds that might be used once a year. Would be better placed in Settings and the button could have a better use, such as switching browser core

Infobox (a.k.a. Infodump) is useless for saving webpage links, the links are all saved in  a single folder that cannot be rearranged as desired.

Instead of that bee-like button there should be two buttons. One to save webpages, like any other browser and one to do all the bee-like buttons other features, such as saving pictures, etc. That way users can use those other features if they really want to

Overall Maxthon 5 is a huge disappointment. Good luck with Maxthon 6, I'm off back to Maxthon 4

3 hours ago, dagoz said:

I still don't know how to save bookmark links to a location that I desire

Pretty sure this was mentioned before - Bee icon, make sure "bookmark" is selected from the list, select the folder required from the dropdown, and click "Add". It's literally exactly the same as it always was, just looks different.

4 hours ago, dagoz said:

I still don't know how to save bookmark links to a location that I desire, I only know how to put them into Infodump.

QA cannot be reordered as desired and scrolling up and down freezes the page

There is still many flaws in HTML5 with Maxthon 5.

Infobox (a.k.a. Infodump) is useless for saving webpage links, the links are all saved in  a single folder that cannot be rearranged as desired.

Instead of that bee-like button there should be two buttons. One to save webpages, like any other browser and one to do all the bee-like buttons other features, such as saving pictures, etc. That way users can use those other features if they really want to

I gues also hoses things have been discussed and you can search in the forum

you can do lot of things with infobox but you don't know how that's make difference, but i don't know if there is a tutorial somewhere

you can rearrange all in QA; i made it

It's not new or odd it's similar to Opera although not the same

mx 5 02 200 doesn't work properly and not what is intend to do, so Mx5 is for now a dev trial series

Archived