Amazon video

On 25/11/2016 at 7:32 AM, BugSir006 said:

Hi mutilator, thanks for the feedback,

Could you give us a link of the video and a screenshot of the page showing this error?

Sorry for the delay I've been really busy with work. I can't link you to the video as its through a video subscription service here in the UK. 

but for the grand tour for example https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01J93ZV7A/ref=dvm_uk_gw_l_en_GrandT_027?pf_rd_r=A59DH5N4X61H5Y64MPDM&pf_rd_p=b58d01b3-5185-4c68-b0ed-36bceee70d70 

amazon.jpg

Hi mutilator, thanks for replying even you are so busy.

Since I'm not a prime user in Amazon video, so I just tried this video: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00RSGFRY8/ref=atv_hm_hom_1_c_ptwwa_2_brws2?_encoding=UTF8&pf_rd_i=home&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=2705331342&pf_rd_r=MXVFAK5XX1EGSX3ZFM01&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_t=12401

and it works fine with our latest internal version 5.0.2.400. 

May I ask, does this prompt message pop up every time no matter which video you are watching?

If you are interested, I can PM you the latest version so that you may have a try with it. ;)

As above, using BugSir006's link the video works fine.

Whether your link uses a different type of DRM we can't test for as we don't have a Amazon Prime subscription. Although that would be odd if they do.

Why it's giving an Opera link is a little confusing. i tried using an Opera user agent but still didn't get any error. But you may want to check that on yours.

There were no major core changes between .200 > .400 so I can't image the different versions would make a difference.

On 11/30/2016 at 4:10 AM, BugSir006 said:

Hi mutilator, thanks for replying even you are so busy.

Since I'm not a prime user in Amazon video, so I just tried this video: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00RSGFRY8/ref=atv_hm_hom_1_c_ptwwa_2_brws2?_encoding=UTF8&pf_rd_i=home&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=2705331342&pf_rd_r=MXVFAK5XX1EGSX3ZFM01&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_t=12401

and it works fine with our latest internal version 5.0.2.400. 

May I ask, does this prompt message pop up every time no matter which video you are watching?

If you are interested, I can PM you the latest version so that you may have a try with it. ;)

I'm a Prime subscriber and I also get the same message as Mutilator with version 5.0.2.400.  But the odd thing is that when I click on your link above, the video plays without a problem.  But when I click on the video icon, I get that same error message. 

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

21 hours ago, No.1MaxthonFan said:

But the odd thing is that when I click on your link above, the video plays without a problem.  But when I click on the video icon, I get that same error message. 

Hi Larry, thanks for the new information. But one more question,  is the "click on the video icon" for the same video? The video with my link above?

@BugSir006

Your link, but from amazon.co.uk:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Man-High-Castle-Official-Trailer/dp/B00RWYM7K8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1480851585&sr=8-1&keywords=The+Man+In+the+High+Castle

As mutilator said, it doesn't work. Seems they're using a different DRM. If using Retro mode, i get a black screen with sound. But Ultra gives the error as above.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @mutilator, yes, you found out that we fixed it in this version. According to our developers' assessment, it will take some time to solve them all. So this is just a temporary solution since we think that make the video play is more important than the bar showing above. But we will continue to find a better solution that will also can deal with the prompt message!

7 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi @mutilator, yes, you found out that we fixed it in this version. According to our developers' assessment, it will take some time to solve them all. So this is just a temporary solution since we think that make the video play is more important than the bar showing above. But we will continue to find a better solution that will also can deal with the prompt message!

Hello,

It's all good, just want to report things when I am able so it makes it a better browser each release.

Archived