Maxthon 5 address bar problems - incorect sugestions lead to undesired pages

Mr. Sin

Hi all,

I've come across a thing that bugs me a bit, the fact that the address bar sometimes would wrongfully autocomplete my websites.

OfvH6fA.png

The existing photo shows that when I'm typing to go to a website, for example, if I start typing "loc" the autocomplete's dropdown shows me a website, but if I continue typing the website the bar itself suggests other (and actually the thing I need, so in my case the localhost:15672 one, not the one from the autocomplete box), yet when I press enter, the autosuggestion's dropdown value is picked up, and no the bar itself. For the bar value to be taken into consideration I have to manually click again the box and hit enter (click in like mouse point and click). If I hit escape the autosuggest box closes, but so the text I've written so far in the box, so no luck with that.

This issue is related to the same one explained in this topic:

hi

never had this issue, i thougt the related issue had something to do with a skin.

try to clear url history or delete the smart url folder

but let me know first: have you ever typed localhost:15672 once

second why the suggestion is selected

i think you are typing an address and not clicking the address bar to unselect the suggestion and then click enter

Both url's were accessed frequently, but the 'localhost:15672' was the most recent one.

It's not about what I select or what I don't select, it's about what the browser suggets: the autocomplete pops out automatically (the dropdown), and it automatically selects the first item in the list. I could write whatever I want in the adress bar after the autocomplete pops out... if I hit enter, the first item in the dropdown is selected, and not the actual text. This is my issue. 

As an example, on chrome when the autosuggest dropdown pops up, it doesn't select the first item, you have to manually key press the down arrow to get the selection. This is not the case, since this dropdown automatically selects the first value.

And another thing: it's not something that is consistent. It just happens from time to time, usually when I quickly open a new tab and start writing something, and hitting enter. Also, once it happens, it will always happen until I restart the browser.

Hi Mr. Sin, really thank you for the feedback and the detailed explanation. Especially this part:

16 hours ago, Mr. Sin said:

It just happens from time to time, usually when I quickly open a new tab and start writing something, and hitting enter. Also, once it happens, it will always happen until I restart the browser.

16 hours ago, Mr. Sin said:

I could write whatever I want in the adress bar after the autocomplete pops out... if I hit enter, the first item in the dropdown is selected, and not the actual text.

Now, we know your exact issue, but it's kind of hard for us to reproduce the exact same situation that you have.

So could you please help to record a gif picture using the app attached here or any other app that you like

licecap.exe

And could you in the same time tell us your OS information and the browser version?

Look forward to your reply!

Yes, so this is the result:

TRLwoF3.gif

My specs:

Version: 5.0.1.3000
IE: 11.0.10240.17184

Maxthon.exe = 5.0.1.3000
MxBrowser.dll = 2.0.0.118
mx_core.dll = 3.1.15.382
Maxzlib.dll = 2.2.3.10
MxAccountSvc.dll = 2.1.3.32
MxAddonsMgr.dll = 5.3.0.10
MxCrashCatch.dll = 4.0.1.18
MxCrashReport.exe = 4.0.1.18
MxDb.dll = 5.37.19.8
MxDownloader.dll = 5.1.0.110
MxEncode.dll = 2.0.0.10
MxFilePackage.dll = 2.0.3.6
MxHttpRq.dll = 4.0.0.58
MxIPC.dll = 4.3.0.10
MxMsg.dll = 2.0.0.24
MxResMgr.dll = 5.2.7.146
MxRsc.dll = 5.0.0.24
MxTool.dll = 2.2.0.74
MxUI.dll = 3.3.3.136
MxXDR.dll = 2.1.0.8
MxCmpUrl.dll = 5.0.0.12
MxFav.dll = 4.0.0.18
MxFavDb.dll = 13.0.0.12
MxHistory.dll = 2.5.0.6
MxQRGen.dll = 2.1.0.6
MxSiteIcon.dll = 2.0.18.38
MxSmartUrl.dll = 3.0.0.44
MxStorage.dll = 2.0.6.18
MxMolebox.dll = 1.2.0.136
MxSync.dll = 3.0.2.28
MxUrlSec.dll = 3.0.0.40
MxAvatarExt.dll = 5.1.0.8
MxExtTools.dll = 4.0.0.22
MxAddonMisc.dll = 5.2.0.44
MxMsgCenter.dll = 1.0.0.5
MxMsgPush.dll = 3.0.0.52
MxQrcLogin.dll = 1.0.0.4
MxSvInfo.dll = 3.2.0.20
MxUeip.dll = 3.0.0.34

In the image you can easily see that on the second time, after the wrong redirect, I type again the website, I hit enter, and the website still gets the thing from the autosuggest, and on top of that, the address bar says that it's what I requested. I have to manually click on the box, select the text and hit again enter to go to the correct address.

hi,

can't reproduce this. i've tried with 3 portables versions and regular on 2 computers with win 10 and 7

since i've no server or sql on my computer i cannot reproduce the same conditions.

however you can try with a portable version or uninstal, delete your users datas, and reinstall with a new copy

or wait for a bugsir006 soluce anyway

9 hours ago, karajan said:

since i've no server or sql on my computer i cannot reproduce the same conditions.

This has nothing to do with a specific Sql environment, since its a browser behaviour not a computer one. It happens to all sorts of websites, my local ones were just a demonstration.

On 11/25/2016 at 0:27 AM, Mr. Sin said:

TRLwoF3.gif

Hi Mr. Sin,

Thanks so much for this Gif, I'll forward it to our testers today. They may have a preliminary examine for it. I'll contact you later if we need more information and help from you! Please stay tuned. Thanks again for telling us this issue. 

Archived