New tab creation and tab handling bugs

axiom41

Hello.

In MX5, when creating a new tab, either by Ctrl-T or using the button with the 4 little squares on the right side of the tab bar, the new tab is always created at the end of the tab bar. In previous MX4 it was done at the right of the currently selected tab and this should be restored.

Furthermore, when many tabs are open and the last ones are not visible (i.e.when a small dropdown list appears after the last visible tab), it's not possible to drag somewhere else any of the tabs in the dropdown, and also the tab dragging for the ones at the end is not done correctly even when selected, messing up with the actual last visible tab before the dropdown.

Hi axiom41,

As for this issue,

On 11/18/2016 at 6:09 AM, axiom41 said:

the new tab is always created at the end of the tab bar. In previous MX4 it was done at the right of the currently selected tab and this should be restored.

you can change settings here:

open new tab.png

As for the second issue you mentioned, you can first choose the tab you want to drag so to make it under focus, and then drag it.  ;)

Hello, and thanks for the reply.
My settings are just like that, but a new tab is actually opened at the right of the current only when i directly type a new url in the address bar.
When i use the Ctrl+T or the new tab button instead, it is always opened as a very last tab, and it is also not draggable if there are many tabs open (i.e. when the dropdown tab list appears and the new tab is there).

Also, when the tab dropdown appears (i.e. when many tabs are open), none of the tabs listed there is draggable anywhere else (they can only be viewed or closed). Dragging of tabs only works for the ones that are actually visible (those not in the dropdown). If i try to drag a tab in the dropdown (even after making it visible), this is not done and the tab that is actually dragged is the last visible one (not in the dropdown), with the favicons messed up...

15 hours ago, axiom41 said:

Hello, and thanks for the reply.
My settings are just like that, but a new tab is actually opened at the right of the current only when i directly type a new url in the address bar.
When i use the Ctrl+T or the new tab button instead, it is always opened as a very last tab, and it is also not draggable if there are many tabs open (i.e. when the dropdown tab list appears and the new tab is there).

Also, when the tab dropdown appears (i.e. when many tabs are open), none of the tabs listed there is draggable anywhere else (they can only be viewed or closed). Dragging of tabs only works for the ones that are actually visible (those not in the dropdown). If i try to drag a tab in the dropdown (even after making it visible), this is not done and the tab that is actually dragged is the last visible one (not in the dropdown), with the favicons messed up...

It doesn't quite work that way.  I created a large number of tabs something rediculous, over 20, and got some in the dropdown.  The tabs in the dropdown are sort-off draggable, BUT ONLY AFTER YOU CLICK THEM TO GIVE THE TAB FOCUS,  My "sort off" comes from the fact that giving a tab in the dropdown focus immediately moves it to the right end of the visible tabs fromwhere you can continue to drag it.  In short you can't drag an unfocused tab and a  focused tab can only be a visible tab.  The upshot is that you cannot reorder tabs in the dropdown by dragging within the dropdown.

<<SL>>

Well, i have, let's say, 14 visible tabs and 4 hidden in the dropdown list, so 18 in total. If i choose, for example, the 17th (i.e. the 3rd in the dropdown), it became visible as a last tab at the right end, apparently "replacing" the 14th and it gets focus, but, when i try to drag it, after releasing the mouse button, everything returns exactly at the initial layout, so the 17th-focused-as-14th returns to be the 17th, back as 3rd in the dropdown... Also tried the portable version and the behaviour is the same

Archived