MX5 PC 5.0.2.200 beta release

Maxthon Browser releases a MX5 beta version today!

Their changelogs and download links are here: 

Thanks for everyone's feedback and support for MX4, and MX5 alpha, beta, and official versions;

we fixed a lot of bugs and made many improvements.

Now, we release the MX5 Beta version  (V 5.0.2.200) !

Welcome to give us feedback still in "MX5 Version Discussion" area.

Here is the "MX5 Version Discussion" area link:

http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/forum/95-mx5-version-discussion/

Our professional admins and moderators will help you and deal with issues.

Let's make Maxthon browser better together!

2 hours ago, fOrTune(r) said:

Aha, and still old Russian "translation"...

Hi fOrTune(r), really thanks for your attention. Since this version is packed last week when we have not delivered the finished Russian language file. But don't be frustrated, they are integrated Russian language now, you should see this next version. :1f60a:

5 hours ago, ElectroSelf said:

I mean NO SEARCH BAR separated

Well, that's not really "traditional address bar" as most people understand it. Most users were using that term to define the classic full web address bar compared to the new "dumb" apple/mobile style address bar MX5 introduced.

The search bar may come back in future releases, but even then, i wouldn't get your hopes up. There's not a lot you can't do directly from the address bar.

On 15.11.2016 г. at 10:58 AM, BugSir006 said:

Hi fOrTune(r), really thanks for your attention. Since this version is packed last week when we have not delivered the finished Russian language file. But don't be frustrated, they are integrated Russian language now, you should see this next version. :1f60a:

And still old Bulgarian translation too :1f60b:

19 hours ago, No.1MaxthonFan said:

It has been removed and we don't know if it is temporary or not.

I strongly vote to bring it back. totally uncomfortable to open a new page for every time i want to search.

Also,

noticed that once openning on a new page a "folder" with some sites shortcut, it keep being 'opened' when next i open a new page.

this is the image, if im not clear enough: Untitled.pngscreen capture software

Thanks.

On 11/18/2016 at 10:32 AM, alon(226661) said:

I strongly vote to bring it back. totally uncomfortable to open a new page for every time i want to search.

Also,

noticed that once openning on a new page a "folder" with some sites shortcut, it keep being 'opened' when next i open a new page.

this is the image, if im not clear enough: Untitled.pngscreen capture software

Thanks.

This is normal at this time when you have oipened a folder on the QA page and accessed one of the sites in the folder.  I just did a test opening a site from a folder then clicking the New Tab button.  I got the samw kind of display )showing the openeed folder) on the QA page.

A click outside the folder will close it.  The "fix" of suggesting that folders automatically close would be just as inconvenient for users who want the folder to stay open as having it stay open for your current situation.

I don't see a solution except to accept that no way to satisfy all users on this problem.  Maybe someone else has an isea.

<<SL>>

On 11/20/2016 at 6:03 PM, SnowLeopard said:

This is normal at this time when you have oipened a folder on the QA page and accessed one of the sites in the folder.  I just did a test opening a site from a folder then clicking the New Tab button.  I got the samw kind of display )showing the openeed folder) on the QA page.

I think I was not clear.

the scenario is:

1. open new page

2. open a folder

3. choos the site

4. do your stuff

5. an hour after you open again a new page

6. instead of having the new page default view with all folders close, you will get the new page greyed out and the folder you chose last time still open.

I think the normal user will expect the new page to show its default state rather than the conttent of the last selected folder.

If I'm wrong regarding the normal user, then this is not a bug but a feature ;)

Let me know.

Thanks.

27 minutes ago, alon(226661) said:

I think I was not clear.

the scenario is:

1. open new page

2. open a folder

3. choos the site

4. do your stuff

5. an hour after you open again a new page

6. instead of having the new page default view with all folders close, you will get the new page greyed out and the folder you chose last time still open.

I think the normal user will expect the new page to show its default state rather than the conttent of the last selected folder.

If I'm wrong regarding the normal user, then this is not a bug but a feature ;)

Let me know.

Thanks.

Exactly what happened in my case.  Basically I "learned" how Maxthon works without critique or expectation.  So "normal" for you and me aren't the same.

Now the question  is should it work that way?  I haven't decided.  Have to ponder this some more.

<<SL>>

At worst it's one additional click on page. 

I have my folders grouped , so it's more than likely I will want to visit another site from the same folder.

In M3 and M4 QA would open to the first page, not always the most useful. just my opinion mind you...

• 2 weeks later...

Some comments about this version:

1. Bug: middle clicking on speed dial item doesn't open it in new tab. Please make it work as on MX4.
  2. Please add ability to hide icons of extensions.
  3. Please consider having the download manager in the web browser itself, and if the web browser is closed and yet you still download something, show it in a minimized system tray icon or show as a new window like now.
  4. Creating a new speed dial item from clipboard (or from existing tab) is really annoying as it takes a lot of steps: click the plus icon, click "custom" (because putting the URL in the suggested tab doesn't do anything) , focus on "Url" (why not auto-focus on it right when I open it?) , then paste and click "add" (can't even press the Enter key).
    Please try to reduce the number of steps for this.
  5. Please allow middle clicking on the new-tab button to clone current tab.
  6. Bug: toggle split screen (F10) on and then off will show a new tab, instead of the previously opened one.
  7. Bug: for YouTube videos, the floatbar shows a lot of videos to download, yet none of them are of the real video. In fact, all are of "weba" format, which is audio, and it doesn't even play anything...
  8. Bug: enabling split screen and then disabling it will still show it when pressing the new-tab button. There is no way to turn split screen off in this way, except for restarting the web browser.
  9. Bug: Mx5 doesn't show its progress of restoring all settings, so while it does it, it's as if nothing is there. For example, in the first few moments there was no favorites.
  10. Bug: some legit words are still considered as typos. For example : "doesn't" , which I used here. Same goes for words in middle sentences that have capital letters, such as "Mx5" that I used here (maybe have option to mark them, just in case).
  11. MX5 seems to very unstable, sometimes freezing for a long time on very simple websites like StackOverflow and also on YouTube.

3 hours ago, AndroidDeveloperLB said:

Some comments about this version:

1. Bug: middle clicking on speed dial item doesn't open it in new tab. Please make it work as on MX4.
  2. Please add ability to hide icons of extensions.
  3. Please consider having the download manager in the web browser itself, and if the web browser is closed and yet you still download something, show it in a minimized system tray icon or show as a new window like now.
  4. Creating a new speed dial item from clipboard (or from existing tab) is really annoying as it takes a lot of steps: click the plus icon, click "custom" (because putting the URL in the suggested tab doesn't do anything) , focus on "Url" (why not auto-focus on it right when I open it?) , then paste and click "add" (can't even press the Enter key).
    Please try to reduce the number of steps for this.
  5. Please allow middle clicking on the new-tab button to clone current tab.
  6. Bug: toggle split screen (F10) on and then off will show a new tab, instead of the previously opened one.
  7. Bug: for YouTube videos, the floatbar shows a lot of videos to download, yet none of them are of the real video. In fact, all are of "weba" format, which is audio, and it doesn't even play anything...
  8. Bug: enabling split screen and then disabling it will still show it when pressing the new-tab button. There is no way to turn split screen off in this way, except for restarting the web browser.
  9. Bug: Mx5 doesn't show its progress of restoring all settings, so while it does it, it's as if nothing is there. For example, in the first few moments there was no favorites.
  10. Bug: some legit words are still considered as typos. For example : "doesn't" , which I used here. Same goes for words in middle sentences that have capital letters, such as "Mx5" that I used here (maybe have option to mark them, just in case).

1: Middle click started working for me a few releases ago where others reported it has stopped where it once worked.

8: Can't confirm

10: doesn't (once it's been added to dictionary)

Edit: I'm using M5.0.2.800

does.png

On 12.12.2016 at 2:47 PM, PHYR said:

1: Middle click started working for me a few releases ago where others reported it has stopped where it once worked.

8: Can't confirm

10: doesn't (once it's been added to dictionary)

Edit: I'm using M5.0.2.800

does.png

8. Trying on official version, this doesn't occur.

10. You've added the word to the dictionary. This word is very common on English. You shouldn't need to add it. same for other cases. It sometimes even marks a single letter of a legit word. See here (tested on official version 5.0.1.3000) : 

Untitled.png

11. Please add context menu to images, to search the image in Google/TinEye . maybe allow to choose for both, using a sub menu or something.

12. Please add gif player controls and floatbar, just as we have for video files, as shown here:
http://techslides.com/sample-webm-ogg-and-mp4-video-files-for-html5

13. Please allow to customize keys. I'd like to have one for duplicating the current tab, for example.

14. Bug (of official version 5.0.1.3000) : sometimes on Windows 10, the web browser doesn't get maximized/restored when I click on its task, after it's minimized in the taskbar. However, if I choose "maximized" from the context menu, it does get maximized.

Hi, 

I have see a problem on win10, when stretch maxton window with another beside. Generally on win10, when stretch a window beside another window, both windows adjust your dimension automatically, but with maxton, this dosn't happen.

Has anyone else seen the same problem?

Senza titolo-1.jpg

• -ody- unpinned this topic

Archived