How I can change name for screenshots?

Hi guys. 

Can I change names of screenshots for Maxthon internal screenshot system? For example, now, when I get screenshot and save it to disk I see next (for my RU localisation): "Снимок экрана[DATEOFSCREENSHOT]".  Wanna change to something like 'ScreenShot[DATEOFSCREENSHOT]. It is possible?

p.s. I think that more simple way - will add changing to lang file, but not sure.

7 hours ago, vityushka said:

p.s. I think that more simple way - will add changing to lang file, but not sure.

Looks like there is a string that is for that (MaxthonSnap). So that will work. But you'll have to make your own custom language file, change that string, compile and add to your MX folder.

Then you'll need to keep it updated for any new releases.

Doable yes, but a lot of work.

An option in settings to change it would be nice.

On 11/6/2016 at 9:16 AM, vityushka said:

Hi guys. 

Can I change names of screenshots for Maxthon internal screenshot system? For example, now, when I get screenshot and save it to disk I see next (for my RU localisation): "Снимок экрана[DATEOFSCREENSHOT]".  Wanna change to something like 'ScreenShot[DATEOFSCREENSHOT]. It is possible?

The simple way I use is just delete the default string and enter your own name in the Save dialog.  You're not locked into yhe Maxthon default.

I've also done partial renaming, keeping part of the default and adding my own name part.

<<SL>>

Firstly you will need the language strings file. Either become a translator for Maxthon on Crowdin, or maybe one of the russian translators might be able to give you a copy.

Then update the required string.

Compile to a .lng file using this program. (run batch_compile.bat).

Copy the compiled file to the Maxthon languages folder.

As i said above, depending on what exactly is changed in new releases, you may need to constantly update the file with a new version.

You're not locked into yhe Maxthon default.

@7twenty fully right - I wanna change default settings, because cyrillic symbols not convenient for my work.

Ok. Thanks guys. I understood, that we have only one way now - re-compiling of lng file. Not best option, because I must do this everytime after Maxthon update. Option in settings will be better of course (especially with minimal template. For example: SnapShot{%date}{%year}{%somecustom}

On 11/10/2016 at 7:29 PM, vityushka said:

Option in settings will be better of course (especially with minimal template. For example: SnapShot{%date}{%year}{%somecustom}

Hi vityushka, thanks for the feedback. And thanks for everyone's discussion here. 

So as I understand, you want an option to customize the file name of all your screenshot cut from MX5?  I'm not sure that will be possible just add a simple option in settings. Since it's related to some changing elements, like dates. So you actually want to us to opensource this part and make it customizable?

If so, I'll let our product manager know about your request. But btw, I also encourage you to create a poll for your request, since if there are more people ask for it, the possibility for it to come true will be higher. 

Here to create a poll: (it's quite an efficient way, many features and functions come to be added in MX5 in this way:wink:)

http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/forum/110-mx5-beta-version/

5 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

I'm not sure that will be possible just add a simple option in settings. Since it's related to some changing elements, like dates.

Ummm not really. The OP doesn't wan't to change the date/time portion of the filename, just the prefix (MaxthonSnap).

Should just be a case of making "MaxthonSnap" a variable that can be changed by user input. That said, i don't know exactly how that part of the code is written, so it might be a little more than that, but that's it in a nutshell.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived