MX5 PC Beta6 version release

Maxthon Browser releases MX5 PC  Beta6 versions today!

Their changelogs and download links are here: 

Thanks for everyone's feedback and support for MX5 beta6,

we fixed a lot of bugs and made many improvements in it.

Now, we release the new version MX5 Beta6 (V 5.0.1.2200) !

Welcome to give us feedback in "MX5 Beta Version Discussion" area.

Here is the "MX5 Beta Version Discussion" area link:

http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/forum/95-mx5-beta-version-discussion/

Our professional admins and moderators will help you and deal with issues.

Let's make MX5 better together!

31 minutes ago, einherz said:

please back quck favorite, please back separate search bar, and please change addblock to ublock origin pleazzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

thank you

3 minutes ago, Chantao said:

Mx doesn't support Chrome extensions.

Due Maxthons API's limitation/ restrictions it's almost sure that we never get such extensions like uBlock or for example VPN addons.

Unless something will change in the future.

Just now, einherz said:

sure maxthon doesn't but extention creator can help i think

Read carefully once again - 

Due Maxthons API's limitation/ restrictions it's almost sure that we never get such extensions like uBlock or for example VPN addons.

sure sure, for now api limitation for now ublock, but creator of ublock can create ublock extension for limited maxthon api, any way i can add black list from ublock to addblock

ah, and i do not give to much attention to extensions, i just ask to back feaches from old versions like separate search bar and quick bookmarks

8 minutes ago, magg said:

Mx doesn't support Chrome extensions.

Yes, I'm sorry. Why not, when MX5 is like the old Opera browsers. And now even Opera is Chrome and Vivaldi  wants to gimmick like Opera is his and not yet always works with all extensions... But other stories are about. Maybe MX5 has some interesting features, like screenshots, etc. but important extensions are still missing because the browser is not as widespread as chrome or Firefox. You can't export bookmarks still not in Beta 6 and no one knows when. Automatically translate as in chrome always still do not.

8 minutes ago, einherz said:

sure sure, for now api limitation for now ublock, but creator of ublock can create ublock extension for limited maxthon api, any way i can add black list from ublock to addblock

ah, and i do not give to much attention to extensions, i just ask to back feaches from old versions like separate search bar and quick bookmarks

You apparently don't understand that :wink:.

Maxthon doesn't have the required API calls to allow it to function. So unless the Maxthon dev's decide to do something about it, it seems there's nothing the uBlock team can do.

So in short version - without that (API calls) even ublock devs can't do nothing!

5 minutes ago, einherz said:

maxthon is not chromium and wasn't safarian, just use same engines old uses webkit, new - blink, so why chromium extensions are not usefull till extensions creators adopt/port them to maxthon

This was asked/ repeated and answered a thousand of times... Use search next time.

Maxthon for Windows does not support plug-ins for Chrome because it is built on a modified,own version of Webkit / Blink.

This is not "pure" Chromium like it is in Mac and Linux version of Maxthon and other chromium-based browsers

This is the reason why Chrome plugins don't work with Maxthon

The team of people that offer support are refusing to answer my questions about the Bookmarks.  Is that because it's going to be possible to import a Favourites file in the same way we could previously do it ?   I honestly don't get any feedback from them.

The only option we have at the moment is to import the Favorites from a file. But when they are imported in this way they are all in a single folder on the top Task bar.  They used to be aligned across the top bar with a nice little arrow to the far right hand side that I could click on and show all of my Boomarks. 

Hope it comes back because I can't use the browser with having hundreds of bookmarks and do each one individually to make them appear like they used to.

17 minutes ago, joemax said:

Turn off ABP.

Speed dial problem:

Icon aspect ratio is inconsistent. Some look fine, some look stretched out horizontally. Some even show double in the folders.

MaxthonSnap20161024115043.png

18 minutes ago, joemax said:

Turn off ABP.

Thanks, that did it, but I will not run without ABP. That's a main reason I use MX4-5.

ABP worked correctly  in MX4, so I hope it can be fixed in MX5. 

Thanks again,,,

16 hours ago, einherz said:

Hi, einherz, thanks for your post. We plan to hold a Maxthon extension hackathon in the coming month, you are soooo welcome to participate and build an extension yourself is you're interested. :1f60a:

17 hours ago, einherz said:

Hi, einherz, thanks for your post. We plan to hold a Maxthon extension hackathon in the coming month, you are soooo welcome to participate and build an extension yourself is you're interested. :1f60a:

17 hours ago, einherz said:

quick bookmarks

17 hours ago, Chantao said:

important extensions

Hi Chantao, thanks for your interest, could you list some of the extensions that you think are important?

Since we are preparing for an extension hackathon in near future, your suggestions will be valuable.

13 hours ago, einherz said:

magg, are you ok? you just said same what i said, and said it as confront with me... except this one  "even ublock devs can't do nothing!" serious? devs of ublok can not write new code for ublock for it working in maxthon? this is nonsense man :)

All your posts in this thread are non sense... so far.

I don't know, why it's so hard to you to understand such a simple thing...

Check yourself on old mx forum or perform Google research if you want mr. Smart...man - you'll find ublock & ghostery devs statemen about creating extensions for maxthon.

How could they(devs) write a software code (even completely at new) when Mx "physically" doesn't have required elements(api's) to make their extension to work.

That clearly shows you don't know nothing about programming. It's not so easy as write a post on forum, lol.

19 hours ago, Northern said:

The team of people that offer support are refusing to answer my questions about the Bookmarks.  Is that because it's going to be possible to import a Favourites file in the same way we could previously do it ?   I honestly don't get any feedback from them.

The only option we have at the moment is to import the Favorites from a file. But when they are imported in this way they are all in a single folder on the top Task bar.  They used to be aligned across the top bar with a nice little arrow to the far right hand side that I could click on and show all of my Boomarks. 

Hope it comes back because I can't use the browser with having hundreds of bookmarks and do each one individually to make them appear like they used to.

Hi Northern, thanks for your feedback.

Do you mean that when you import a file, which contains folders of favorites in it, then they are shown separately outside the folders in the favorite bar on version beta6?

19 hours ago, martinstz said:

when i open site from QA folder, the folder to close!

Hi martinstz, so you are asking that when open a site from a folder, in the meanwhile, the folder should be closed?

17 hours ago, bobad1 said:

Excellent release!!!

Still has eBay glitch in Win 10.

EBay search shows list of searched items, very first item in the list is blanked out. 

Anyone else?

Hi bobad1, could you give me a screenshot to explain the glitch? That will be more explicit for me to understand :1f60a:

15 hours ago, bobad1 said:

some look stretched out horizontally. Some even show double in the folders.

Hi, could you provide the link for the stretched and doubled icons?

15 hours ago, bobad1 said:

ABP worked correctly  in MX4, so I hope it can be fixed in MX5. 

Hi, friend, do you mean that when you open bestbuy in MX4 with ABP on, there is no glitch?

5 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi Chantao, thanks for your interest, could you list some of the extensions that you think are important?

1.) Clear Cache, Clear Cookies (I know 5 has it under settings, but from handling it's unfortunely), Xmarks if there doesn't return Export Bookmarks, Share with (like Shareholic) 

If you look at it precisely is not so much what you really need. Most of the time mx is already with me, so I have not left Maxthon all the years. It is faster than Firefox and more beautiful than Chrome.

Archived