Hide/Show addons and extension buttons

So I've been trying a few extensions and noticed that the address bar  gets filled pretty quick with icons. In fact, just using all the built-in ones (Adblock, Resource sniffer, Developer tools etc') already takes alot of space.

Is it possible to control the amount of icons shown?
Maybe add a show/hide option in the extension manager?
Or group them up somehow?

Also, when clocking "remove" on the icon of addons/extensions it says "You can hide the button of this extension in Customize UI".
Well I looked for it, don't know where that is... I can only find the extension manager and enable/disable them...

• 2 months later...

One of those things that they seem to have the capability (see the extension toolbar dropdown in MX4), but for whatever reason don't want to use that to improve a feature.

If they just add that so you can show/hide using the checkbox it would make it much nicer.

Hi all,

In my personal opinion, the issue OP said truly needs a solution. 

Whether by adjusting the size of the address bar or by creating an option for add-ons to hide while enabled, needs to be discussed by our product managers. 

I believe they will come out a solution for this problem. 

Thanks for using MX5 and giving us feedback, we won't let you down.

• 4 weeks later...

On the customize tool bar, it appears you can only have 10 showing.  In the drop down box is one I want to show and I can't get it out.  When I take one of the exiting ones and put it over the 3 dots it will drop in and bring another one out, but not the one I want.  I have put the one I wanted out at the top of the list, but what happens is it sends it to the bottom of the list and takes another one instead.So how can I get the one out I want, and put it where I want.  This is very frustrating.  On my prior version of Maxthon (verssion 4.4.8.2000) it worked right.  Not only that, but on that version at the top of the side bar I had the STAR (which is the favorites icon) at the top; now I find no way to get the "star" over on the side bar.So is there a way to do that? And an interesting side note, is that when I checked out my prior version (4.4.8.2000), it kept saying it was up to date, but obviously it was not.

Archived