Brand New Quick Access

the folder option is a bit glitched in some versions.

i did found a temporarily solution. but dont know what happens when restarting MX 5.x.x.1900

-------------------

i would like a feature to add "custom images [in case the web preview is not working,]" to the QA links, and be able to edit links inside folders, wich is not possible yet

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/21/2016 at 6:49 AM, No.1MaxthonFan said:

AHH ok, now I get it.  Since I don't work like that, I would never have encountered that "problem?".  When I open QA it's a conscious effort to do something with it other than just look at it.  Also, on a small screen, I can see how it would be easy to hit the QA icon rather than the Close X on a tab.

There's also another "counter-intuitive" problem for me discovered recently when our Internet connection was disabled in preparation for moving it to a new address,  The problem is that the MX5 QA is NOT local, syored in the user data.  I have QA tiles referring to loccal files or drives for use when offline,   I discovered that when offline there are NO tiles at all on QA.  UNACCEPTABLE!  This problem is is not in MX4 or earlier.  

<<SL>>

Please can you fix following: when you open a link from within a folder, the new tab opens just fine, but next time you open the QA, the folder still stays there open and one needs to click outside to close it and then continue using the QA. Folder should automatically close as soon as you open the url from it. 

A nice to have would be to add an option (open all within folder) :)

Otherwise, really neat improvement!

qa-new-afteropenfromfolder.jpg

1 hour ago, Sylfie said:

Please can you fix following: when you open a link from within a folder, the new tab opens just fine, but next time you open the QA, the folder still stays there open and one needs to click outside to close it and then continue using the QA. Folder should automatically close as soon as you open the url from it. 

A nice to have would be to add an option (open all within folder) :)

Otherwise, really neat improvement!

I love that feature, please don't change a thing.

the feature as is would make sense if you intend to open more than one url from that folder in one go, which - at least in my case - is highly unlikely. so it means 2 extra unnecessary clicks to get where i want to be. for those who would open more than one url from within the folder would be the feature i suggested  (open all). 

On 10/21/2016 at 8:05 AM, AaronX said:

I'm sat at Maxthon for 12-14 hours a day or more. It happens quite a lot!

Also dying for new tabs/quick access/whatever to open to the right of my currently active tab rather than at the end, too. If I could get Chrome to behave like M2, M3 and M4 like that, I would have (reluctantly) made the switch. It's so frustrating and time-consuming.

If it's what I'm thinking of, there is a simple fix in Settings,,,General,,, choose to open new tab to the right of all tabs or to the right current tab.

2 minutes ago, bobad1 said:

If it's what I'm thinking of, there is a simple fix in Settings,,,General,,, choose to open new tab to the right of all tabs or to the right current tab.

That's already set ("to the right of current tab"), and no longer works consistently because of the 'non-tab' always-at-end (horrible) new QA.

5 hours ago, AaronX said:

Yes, couldn't remember what that address was though, as it's not actively listed anywhere, and doesn't match the title of the page! ('Last visit' ! = 'Last session') But thanks.

You can try my extension to get easily to the Last Visit page .

As long there is no more Last Visited page on the QA it could be a workaround...

MaxthonSnap20161027162900.png

MaxthonSnap20161027162841.png

LastSession.mxaddon

I’m really glad that Maxthon corrected his mistake and abandoned this terrible first beta QA idea, but current one is still lacking a lot. I used Mx for several years especially because of good and functional QA, which I couldn’t find anywhere else. But now it's the same as everywhere - not optional at all.

Please give us back:

- Website Mosaic. Folders are neat, I will happily use them, but mostly for temporary, rarely visited or "trash" sites. Without mosaic I have less tiles on my screen without scrolling vertically, which I personally hate. I need my most visited websites to be accessible by one tap, not two or three.

- Quick Access multiple screens. Again, it was way better, since I could group my sites by categories, one per screen (every day sites, work sites, football sites, etc.). Now I have to scroll down one huge list of tiles, which is impossible to sort that well (and using folders as replacement means more clicking). I really preferred horizontal scrolling.

- Google Search bar hiding (it was optional Search app, now it’s there permanently). I really don’t google that much to have it always on top. I would rather save that space for more tiles. The same goes for this square tiles below. Give me a choice, guys!

- Also, that bothers me a long time - why isn’t QA responsive? It would be completely logical, if you could place more tiles on a single screen (horizontally I mean), the bigger resolution you have. Now it’s just waste of space.

Cheers

Make already support the offline version of quick access! Without an active network connection to work with the new browser is impossible - page 404. Maxton continues its path from a good browser to squalor! How many can you write about it ?!

14 minutes ago, lgorek said:

How add more tabs to this new quick acces ?? The same like for the old version. I like the old version because the parties have arranged according to content.

Where i can change the My Favorites at MX5 and add more ?

There are no more pages/ tabs at this new QA.

You can use Folders instead.

Is it possible to add also pages/tabs bc i have instate access to my pages that are. Now in folders i dont know what is in bc i must open and see whats inside, at old version was very easy i like tabs bc can add games, work, persional, car etc and i know where i have it. And i like change tabs by mouse scroll. 

Now it will be ok where when we put more than 4 the window should get bigger and show all images. 

IHMO i like for now the old version, i miss tabs in new QA

9 minutes ago, lgorek said:

Is it possible to add also pages/tabs bc i have instate access to my pages that are. Now in folders i dont know what is in bc i must open and see whats inside, at old version was very easy i like tabs bc can add games, work, persional, car etc and i know where i have it. And i like change tabs by mouse scroll. 

Now it will be ok where when we put more than 4 the window should get bigger and show all images. 

IHMO i like for now the old version, i miss tabs in new QA

You can rename folders the same as your pages in old QA.

http://forum.maxthon.com/uploads/monthly_2016_10/qafolder.gif.5e8da31294642ac27427d2971ae131c1.gif

• -ody- unpinned this topic

Archived