Brand New Quick Access

Hi All,

Today, we push our NEW QUICK ACCESS for users with version 5.0.1.1400 and ABOVE

(version 5.0.1.1900 is highly recommended).

We bring back folder and background choices for you this time.

Details please see the pictures below!

qafolder.gif

qabackground.gif

Any questions and feedback are welcome to post under this thread.

Wish you all a pleasant browsing experience.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MX5 QA works as website. But you changed the user folder address from Maxthon3 to Maxthon5. So MX5 QA does not work in old versions and other browsers. Why? Fix it, make extension for MX4 and other browser. And maybe it will be popular. For example, you can use cache or cookies like other websites.

I find that once a tile has been added to a New Folder, it can no longer be edited.

And bobad1, if you are logged in, just drag a tile over another that you wish to group together and a new folder will be created, as demonstrated in the first post. Don't know about the URL.

9 minutes ago, Tony said:

why can i not use the in 1200 - thats the last version that works as i want

Because of that:

Hi All,

Today, we push our NEW QUICK ACCESS for users with version 5.0.1.1400 and ABOVE

44 minutes ago, Chantao said:

Because of that:

Hi All,

Today, we push our NEW QUICK ACCESS for users with version 5.0.1.1400 and ABOVE

of course i read that - jeeezzzz - i will rephrase the question - why can you not make this compatible with earlier builds - anything after 1200 is a show stopper for me as they will not work with a sidebar mod i have

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

Probably because Maxthon progress can't be stopped. I myself have long favoured the 4.4.8.1000, then the 4.4.9.600 beta was my favorite and now five-1900. If you would like to upgrade always the old versions, as it has since time for the new? All we hungry now to FIVE RELEASE. And export favorites and what do I know.

2 hours ago, rick.lane said:

I find that once a tile has been added to a New Folder, it can no longer be edited.

And bobad1, if you are logged in, just drag a tile over another that you wish to group together and a new folder will be created, as demonstrated in the first post. Don't know about the URL.

Thanks!!!  I was trying to do just that, but didn't notice the speed dial icons must be PERFECTLY aligned. :)

Your editing problem is an annoyance to me also. Hope it's fixed soon!

all fine but :

is there anyway to change the color of the background inside the tiles (minimzed and maximized) ? and to remove the empty tiles ?

and it would be fine if I could  choose my own background..

qa.png

also it should be easier to add a site to QA : at the moment you have to copy the url from address bar and paste it into QA. I would like to be able to add a site the same way it was possible in Mx4

sigmax2.png

7 hours ago, sumit357990 said:

I am unable to use this feature why?????????

I am using 5.0.1.1900

I had similar issue, please follow the steps.

- Open the QA.
- Click the "Developer Tools" icon from the topbar.
- Switch to the "Console" tab.
- Write "location.reload()" without the quotes and press enter key.

Please add ability to scroll QA when moving a tile. As it is now you have to move and drop a number of times to move a tile from the bottom to the top not to mention also re-positioning each tile that it replaces which makes setting up your tiles very, very tedious.

13 hours ago, sumit357990 said:

I am unable to use this feature why?????????

I am using 5.0.1.1900

try to refresh the page, or clear your cache.

If neither works, then check if you have set your setup page as QA page, change it and restart the browser. 

startup.png

15 minutes ago, PHYR said:

Please add ability to scroll QA when moving a tile. As it is now you have to move and drop a number of times to move a tile from the bottom to the top not to mention also re-positioning each tile that it replaces which makes setting up your tiles very, very tedious.

Hi PHYR, thanks for the feedback. Our product manager is aware of this issue, and we'll upgrade it later. :1f60a:

On 10/20/2016 at 11:51 PM, bobad1 said:

How do you start the new QA? If it's a web page, can someone list the  URL please?

(I'm using 1900)

pc-newtab.maxthon.com

On 10/20/2016 at 11:58 PM, rick.lane said:

thank you rikc.lane for telling.

Currently, you can drag it out for editing. I'll forward this to our product team, and push them to make it possible to edit in a folder.

They will add the "edit a tile when it's in a folder" function in the next QA version. So please stay tuned. :wink:

7 hours ago, No.1MaxthonFan said:

That's because QA is not a physical tab anymore.

Yes. And outrageously, incredibly annoying it is, too.

19 hours ago, AaronX said:

Where has the Last Session page gone?! Is there something like mx://last-session/ again? Really need to get back to what I was working on last night!

Anyone...?

4 minutes ago, No.1MaxthonFan said:

It's much more convenient.  It doesn't create another process, which is what a lot of people don't like.

The exact opposite for me and, it seems, nTrophy. Very annoying, counter-intuitive, and breaks interaction paradigms established elsewhere within the browser. It may not be a tab but it's designed to appear like one, so it should act like one. Including being able to be 'closed'.

1 minute ago, AaronX said:

The exact opposite for me and, it seems, nTrophy. Very annoying, counter-intuitive, and breaks interaction paradigms established elsewhere within the browser. It may not be a tab but it's designed to appear like one, so it should act like one. Including being able to be 'closed'.

Why counter-intuitive?  When you open QA and click on one of your links, it closes automatically and opens a tab for the link you clicked on.  What other reason would you open QA for if not to click on a link?

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

28 minutes ago, No.1MaxthonFan said:

Why counter-intuitive?  When you open QA and click on one of your links, it closes automatically and opens a tab for the link you clicked on.  What other reason would you open QA for if not to click on a link?

Since it's just there rather than being a new tab you have to create, one might end up on it whilst cycling through tabs (Ctrl+Arrow or Ctrl+Tab). One might also active it absent mindedly, or go to it then realise you don't actually want/need a different tab, or indeed don't wish to visit a different page at all.

Counter intuitive because it looks like a tab but doesn't behave like one. Simple, really.

27 minutes ago, AaronX said:

Since it's just there rather than being a new tab you have to create, one might end up on it whilst cycling through tabs (Ctrl+Arrow or Ctrl+Tab). One might also active it absent mindedly, or go to it then realise you don't actually want/need a different tab, or indeed don't wish to visit a different page at all.

Counter intuitive because it looks like a tab but doesn't behave like one. Simple, really.

AHH ok, now I get it.  Since I don't work like that, I would never have encountered that "problem?".  When I open QA it's a conscious effort to do something with it other than just look at it.  Also, on a small screen, I can see how it would be easy to hit the QA icon rather than the Close X on a tab.

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

2 hours ago, No.1MaxthonFan said:

AHH ok, now I get it.  Since I don't work like that, I would never have encountered that "problem?".  When I open QA it's a conscious effort to do something with it other than just look at it.  Also, on a small screen, I can see how it would be easy to hit the QA icon rather than the Close X on a tab.

I'm sat at Maxthon for 12-14 hours a day or more. It happens quite a lot!

Also dying for new tabs/quick access/whatever to open to the right of my currently active tab rather than at the end, too. If I could get Chrome to behave like M2, M3 and M4 like that, I would have (reluctantly) made the switch. It's so frustrating and time-consuming.

• -ody- unpinned this topic

Archived