New Quick Access

Hi all,

We renewed the quick access page yesterday.

But later we found that some bugs were still not fixed in that page. 

So we change the page back again to the old version.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused, and we will fix the bugs soon and give you a brand new quick access shortly.

If you have any suggestions about quick access page, please post under this post. 

I'll forward them to our team members.

Have a nice day, guys:1f601:

8 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi all,

We renewed the quick access page yesterday.

But later we found that some bugs were still not fixed in that page. 

So we change the page back again to the old version.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused, and we will fix the bugs soon and give you a brand new quick access shortly.

If you have any suggestions about quick access page, please post under this post. 

I'll forward them to our team members.

Have a nice day, guys:1f601:

This answers myquestion posted in EA.  I wasn't seeing things.  But there's still the pleas for an organizeable QA of multiple pages/tabs, grouping (e.g., folders), etc.

<<SL>>

If Maxton still continue to host the start page on the Internet, rather than locally - I'll sit on the 4th version is it finally become obsolete and get over to another browser. Instead of something really new and convenient buggy you have created a monster with terrible usability.

Hello,

1. The major problem with the new Quick Access is that it's apparently not saved locally, making it unusable for saving links to web interfaces of locally managed routers and switches. Please reconsider this approach and have the QA saved locally again.

2. The new QA does not save links in the correct case-sensitive format. When saving a link with capital letters (typically link to ASP.NET application), MX5 converts all capital letters into small letters generating an invalid/useless link. Please have it fixed.

3. I miss the option to switch the QA links to website screenshots. The text-only environment makes it harder to navigate to a desired link.

4. I also do miss the option to create several link pages (Home, Work, etc.). With the MX5 QA implementation I have no other option but to mix links I would otherwise prefer to keep separate.

Cheers
Tomas D.

P.S. I had to revert to MX4.x browser to post this comment. MX5 does not allow me to enter any text.

On 9/14/2016 at 10:58 AM, phoenix-76 said:

Hello,

1. The major problem with the new Quick Access is that it's apparently not saved locally, making it unusable for saving links to web interfaces of locally managed routers and switches. Please reconsider this approach and have the QA saved locally again.

2. The new QA does not save links in the correct case-sensitive format. When saving a link with capital letters (typically link to ASP.NET application), MX5 converts all capital letters into small letters generating an invalid/useless link. Please have it fixed.

3. I miss the option to switch the QA links to website screenshots. The text-only environment makes it harder to navigate to a desired link.

4. I also do miss the option to create several link pages (Home, Work, etc.). With the MX5 QA implementation I have no other option but to mix links I would otherwise prefer to keep separate.

Cheers
Tomas D.

P.S. I had to revert to MX4.x browser to post this comment. MX5 does not allow me to enter any text.

I agree . with these except #3 which is fixed in the new QA.  Screenshots and logos as available site by site are now possible.

But I woulld like the ability to force a refresh of a screenshot.  I have one site, which is not bringing up an actual screenshot on first try and now even if I switch back to color tiles then re-enable screenshot, it does not try again.  It seems if the first shot fails you aare dead forever -- NOT GOOD.  Please add Refresh either automatic or on-demand.

The site in question is http://74.142.49.38:8000/view/viewer_index.shtml?id=94358.  Note the live feed takes a while to load, too long for the QA timeout.

<<SL>>

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there.

I'd like to have an ability to set custom logo (jpg, png, gif, etc.) for my shortcuts. Solid color carries no information, but "Image logo" tryes to fetch my web page to show it. But If I have a few application with the same start page (text differs but it too small to make sence), the row of simular images appears. If I can't recall position number< I may spend some time to peek right direction. Other case. If Web-page asks for authentication image log "reolaced" with wite swuare. And if a get authenticated corresponding image doesn't refresh. And there's no ability to refresh image logo at all.

So. I'd like to have an ability to set custom logo (jpg, png, gif, etc.) for my shortcuts.

5 minutes ago, Astral Beast said:

Hello there.

I'd like to have an ability to set custom logo (jpg, png, gif, etc.) for my shortcuts. Solid color carries no information, but "Image logo" tryes to fetch my web page to show it. But If I have a few application with the same start page (text differs but it too small to make sence), the row of simular images appears. If I can't recall position number< I may spend some time to peek right direction. Other case. If Web-page asks for authentication image log "reolaced" with wite swuare. And if a get authenticated corresponding image doesn't refresh. And there's no ability to refresh image logo at all.

So. I'd like to have an ability to set custom logo (jpg, png, gif, etc.) for my shortcuts.

Hi Astral, your suggestion is well received. I'll forward it to our QA product team and let them discuss it. Will tell you the result soon. :1f60a:

just installed 5.0.1.1700

the moment i start scrolling down (mouse scroll or page down, does not matter neither works) the "search bar" goes up to "address bar position" and it stops scrolling, i have to click somewhere into the quick access to be able to scroll again

13 minutes ago, WarDeN said:

the moment i start scrolling down (mouse scroll or page down, does not matter neither works) the "search bar" goes up to "address bar position" and it stops scrolling, i have to click somewhere into the quick access to be able to scroll again

Can't confirm on win 10b14931, what OS are you using?

14 minutes ago, WarDeN said:

I can confirm it!

3 hours ago, PHYR said:

Can't confirm on win 10b14931, what OS are you using?

atm im on win 7 64bit, ill try it at home on win10 64bit 1607

just tried a few other things and basically whenever you can write into address bar, the scrolling does not work, it is not just the quick access, every page works like that

edit: so i tried it at home on win10 64bit 1607 and it scrolls ok, so maybe some win 7 specific issue ?

14 hours ago, Astral Beast said:

I can confirm it!

14 hours ago, WarDeN said:

hi both, thanks for reporting. I've tried on my newly updated win10, but cannot reproduce it. Could you please record a short video or gif to me so that I can check if I follow the steps correctly. Thanks in advance.

Here is explanation. I hope so. Search bar doesn't disapper completely, it's only inaccessible with mouse scrolling or with keyboard up/down clicking. Only the way to show it again is scrollbar. And every new tab after this mouse scrolling started with search bar hidden until you move scoll bar slider up.

Video 28-09-2016 10-36-24.mp4

9 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

hi both, thanks for reporting. I've tried on my newly updated win10, but cannot reproduce it. Could you please record a short video or gif to me so that I can check if I follow the steps correctly. Thanks in advance.

in case you missed my edit, i can not reproduce it on win 10 too

seems it is win 7 specific

Could you switch back to Original QA design?

Because MX5 and MX4 is automatic set the default photo and it's not friendly.

for the example:

I have 2~3 shortcut for the facebook and different URL, but MX4/MX5 automatics replace to same icon as Facebook.

How can I know which one is which URL?

Do you think about this? 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived