MX5 - 5.0.1.1900 - Browser data error, please reinstall

Pablo1

Running MX5 5.0.1.1900 as administrator works, but using a normal user account it doesn't. I doesn't even starts up! The error message text dialog appears directly through doble click on the MxStart.exe found under MX5\bin folder. Where can I download the previous beta installer meanwhile? Thanks.

error.png

The installer used is  mx5.0.1.1900-beta.exe.

Using the portable installer maxthon_portable_5.0.1.1900-beta.7z apparently works until you try to install FB Purity:

error1.png

After that it seems FB Purity got installed and it's working. Launching the portable mxstart.exe version doesn't give that error anymore. The non portable version installed using the mx5.0.1.1900-beta.exe didn't work, not even starts up!

On 10/18/2016 at 11:31 AM, Pablo1 said:

Using the portable installer maxthon_portable_5.0.1.1900-beta.7z apparently works until you try to install FB Purity:

error1.png

After that it seems FB Purity got installed and it's working. Launching the portable mxstart.exe version doesn't give that error anymore. The non portable version installed using the mx5.0.1.1900-beta.exe didn't work, not even starts up!

Why not use maxthon.exe instead of mxstart.exe?  It seems common sense and more straight forward to launch the program directly.

<<SL>>

On 19/10/2016 at 4:22 PM, SnowLeopard said:

Why not use maxthon.exe instead of mxstart.exe?  It seems common sense and more straight forward to launch the program directly.

<<SL>>

mxstart.exe is the one that shows that error. If I launch maxthon.exe, maxthon.exe launches mxstart.exe, so it's the same thing, you see? I tried the last beta mx5.0.1.2200-beta.exe and the error persists. I'm using the portable version as a workaround.

Archived